Chapter 3

Talia sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed in her new room, in the Kazekage palace. She had moved most of her few belongings, since she was not particularily in her parents' good books, she lived in the small attic, on a small and thin matress and old itchy blankets. The few things that she had bought for herself before her parents would take away the money that she had earned, saying that she needed to pay them back for her mistake, were mostly clothes, ninja equipement, a few pictures and shoes, although they were only what she needed, and not extravagent dresses like most girls liked to buy.

The room was quite spacious and luxurius, she had wondered if that was what it was like to be a princess. When she was a young girl and her parent's 'precious darling', she had wanted to be a princess, and now, she practically was.

If all her most petty dream came to life, then what about her biggest dream? Would she never be truely strong? Would she ever fall in love? She blushed at herself for thinking that last one, what a girly dream that was, that would clearly never happen. Unless...... No! She stopped her thoughts before they got any further, her face now redder then blood.

The door swung open, revealing the person she liked the least out of the Sand Siblings. "Why is your face so red? Do you have a fever?" He snickered and she growled. "Kankuro! Go away! Why didn't you knock first?! I could've been changing!" She scolded shoving him out of the room.

Sighing and messaging the bridge of her nose, she waited for him to speak, through the door, but it never came. She swung the door open and saw him standing there with a grin on his face. "What do you want, Kankuro?!" She exclaimed, her face red. According to Temari, he was never that annoying.

"Oh, nothing. You clearly don't want to speak to me." He started to walk away and she groaned. "What do you want?!" She shouted once again and he turned towards her with a smirk. "Gaara wants to see you in his office." He said and Talia sighed.

"Are you sure?" She asked, debating wether or not he was telling the truth. She didn't want to get there for it only to be a prank. Why did she care if she made a fool out of herself? Well, he was the Kazekage, and it would be extremely awkward for a while. "Yeah, yeah." Kankuro said with an eye-roll.

She hesitantly stepped out of her room and closed the door behind her. Kankuro had already left and she headed down towards Gaara's office, which was on the first floor.

She knocked on the door and waited to hear the 'come in' before opening the door and stepping inside. Her heart was hammering in her chest. "Kankuro said you wanted to see me?" She asked and he nodded.

She mentally sighed in relief. She closed the door behind her and stepped further into the room until she was standing in front of his desk. His sea-foam colored eyes followed her every move, and it was making her self-concsious.

"I wanted to talk to you about the plans." He stated, his face as emotionless as ever. "Plans?" Her eyebrows knit in confusion. "For the wedding." Her face reddened and she nodded. She nodded. How could he say such things with a straight face?

"I..... I'm sorry for dragging you into this." She said looking at the ground. "It's fine." He said and her head snapped up. "It's not fine! I'm depriving you of an opportunity to get married to the one you love!" She exclaimed and he sighed. "We both know that nobody'd ever love me." He said and that kept it silent for a few moments. "I believe that everybody can fall in love." She said quietly and he looked at her skeptically. "You say that, but you don't believe it for yourself." He said and she chuckled.

"I have fallen in love." She stated and he tensed. "But that love has long since died. I do have a dissability because of it." His eyes widened slightly at her words.

"What...... exactly happened?" He asked with so much uncertainty she hardly recognized that he was speaking.

"You know that whenever something resembles a certain memory of mine, I can't move and I get so scared, right?" She asked and he nodded.

"It didn't happen that long ago. A year at most. My parents arranged for me to marry a man my age from a very strong clan. They wanted to combine both of our clans together. I was unbelievably happy, because I had long since loved that man. However, a few months after the annoucement, he tried to kill me. I was so shaken becauses he had acted like he had loved me the entire time. After that, my parents started hating me for whatever reason. It's like I never had any parents at all." She finished, a small sigh of longing and gave a smile.

"I'm not too bothered by knowing that anymore." She said and he nodded slowly, taking in everything that he was just told. He suddenly started feeling pity for the girl.

It was silent between the two before she finally spoke again. "So...... lets start working on those plans?" She said looking away.