Chapter 7

Talia had awoken the next morning, still leaning on his shoulder. Gaara was still scribbling on paper, and she blushed a little and sat up. He looked at her and she looked away a little. She stood up and looked at him. "I'll be right back." She said and kissed his forehead before running away. He looked shocked, even minutes after she had left.

When she came back, instead of wearing what she usually wore, she wore a green spaghetti strap dress that flowed out and went down to her knees. She wore green flats along with it, and her long black hair was tied into a black braid which went over her shoulder. Her headband was tied around her waist. His eyes followed her every move, and before she made it back to his desk, the door burst open, and she jumped. A blonde ran through the doors, and a pink haired girl, an extremely pale black haired boy and a silver haired man walked in behind him.

"What are you doing here, Naruto?" Gaara asked, still sitting in his chair. "We're going on a mission, and we passed by, and we didn't sleep all night..... So..... Yeah." He replied scratching the back of his head with a grin. "Thought we might as well say hi." He said, and then his eyes landed on Talia. "I know you! You're that girl that Neji totally creeped out!" He shouted and Talia grimaced at how loud he was. "No, Naruto. It was a trauma, Neji didn't creep her out." The girl with pink hair named Sakura explained with a sigh. "Whatever! It's the same thing!" He shouted. "Anyway what are you doing here, Toro Girl?"

Sakura groaned. "Trauma, Naruto."

Talia almost glared at Naruto for calling her such a ridiculous name. "My name is Talia, and I'm Gaara's wife." She said, hoping she looked confident and not as nervous as she really was. Naruto's eyes buldged out of his sockets. "WHAT?!" He shouted and she looked at all them, and they all seemed shocked.

What was so hard to believe about that? "Well, soon-to-be wife." She corrected herself, and they still looked shocked. "No way!" Naruto shouted, and Talia smiled. "I'm not lying." She stated and they blinked. She was getting quite nervous all of a sudden. She wanted to go hide behind Gaara, who seemed a little shy or embarassed.

Naruto picked up her hand with both of his and she leaned away from him. "You can't marry him." He said seriously. "Um...... why not?" She asked, getting almost defenssive. "Because he can't become Kage and get married before I do!" He shouted and Talia managed to pull her hand away and take a few steps back. The others all sweat dropped. "We're sorry about him. He gets rather competitive." The silver haired man said; he was named Kakashi. She had also learned that the black haired boy's name was Sai.

"Talia, would you mind giving them a room to stay in for the night?" He asked and she smiled at him. "Of course!" She said and walked towards the door, gesturing for them to follow.

As they walked down the halls, Naruto pipped up. "Have you considered my offer?" He asked and Talia looked back and smiled a little. "No. It isn't really in my power to call off the wedding." She said and they looked at her a little bit in shock. "What do you mean? It's your wedding, so shouldn't you be able to call it off? Not that I think you should or anything." Sakura said and Talia smiled and looked up at the ceiling.

"Never mind." She said with a chuckle. The rest of the way was silent. She gave Kakashi a room, Sai and Naruto a room, and finally Sakura a room. Once she did that, she bid them a good stay and walked back to Gaara's office. She opened the door and closed it behind her. She noticed that he was standing in front of the window in his office, just staring outside.

She stood beside him and looked over the village buzzing with life.

Now that she thought about it, she was almost glad that her parents had forced her to get married to Gaara. She never would've developped the feelings that she held for him, though she did not know if he returned the feelings or not, all she could do was hope. It just felt so right standing by his side.