Chapter 12

A few months had passed since the wedding, and it was fair to say that Gaara and Talia were both happy.

Gaara was in his office, and Talia was writing a letter to Nori, telling him about everything that had happened since he had left back to Hidden Mist.

As she signed her name, someone appeared behind her, putting a hand to her mouth. She tried to scream, but it was no use. She bit the hand making the person let go, and she screamed as lkoud as she could, hoping someone would come help her. She scrambled out the door and started runnind down the hall, where many guards were flooding in. Suddenly they all started falling to the ground, blood flooding the ground. "No!" She shouted and turned around to face the man, but he was gone from her sight. She was hit in her pressure point and her vision started blurring.

* * * * * * * *

Gaara as well as Temari and Kankuro and other strong ninja ran down to the hall, where everyone was dead. They all gasped and Gaara ran to the last one who had managed to survive. "Lady...... Talia......" Before he could finish, he dropped dead, his eyes dulling. Gaara ran into the room and saw nothing out of order, except a letter on her desk, folded neatly with his name written on it.

Dear Gaara,

If you're reading this, I'm probably gone.

Oh, but don't worry. Don't even bother looking for me; I left upon my own will, with the Akatsuki. Like they say, my enemy's enemy is my friend. That's right. I was only using you to save my own skin, I never really loved you. Not one moment. And you fell for it so easily, too. I thought you would be smarter, seeing as you're the Kazekage, but I guess that denseness worked out in my favour. I hope you rot in misery.

P.S If you don't want so many people to die next time, tell them not to get in my way.

Sincerely, Talia.

His bangs shadowed his eyes and he crushed the paper. His sand shot up and ripped away the roof, and his shout was heard all throughout the village. "Gaara-" Temari shouted and he turned to look at her, tears streaming down from his eyes. Her eyes widened. He passed her the paper and jumped out of the room through the broken roof. All he could see was all the moments they'd shared, all the feelings he had felt. They were all a lie