Chapter 3

Stars shine in the dark, wind blows across an empty plain. A lullaby I play, to those whose lives were cut in twain.*
§~~~**•**~~~§
A strong smell awakens me, sage and rosemary taunting my nose. Ugghhh. Where am I? My head slightly turns to see a, very peculiar, sight. Three men were arguing over something. A village was in the distance, but for right now, we were by the ocean. I couldn't tell where the rosemary and sage scent was coming from, but it was faint, drifting away on the salty sea breeze. I turned my head carefully the other way. I slightly snickered as I remembered why I was knocked out.
~FLASHBACK~
"Can we hurry up already?!"
"You try carrying her around. Ugh, it's like she weighs a freaking ton! OW!"
That's what you get for calling me fat! Imbeciles.
"Why don't we just knock her out? It's not like she could stop us." You better not agree to this, or I will unleash the wrath of.... Dang it! Why can't I remember anything?!
"You know why. She's a menace but she's a lady. We don't harm ladies, unless of course they try to harm us first. All she did was doing a few harmless insults at us."
"Snarky, sassy, intelligent insults."
"Oh boys~!" The three idiots turn to me, realizing that I've got their swords, and am up a tree. I snicker slightly as I put the swords over my shoulder and they drop. The guards jump away, and the swords clatter at their feet. I laugh, full on, belly laughter. And I'm suddenly hit on the back of my head, just noticing brunette is behind me before I start falling in the tree, hitting the ground with a painful crack. Like I said, idiots...
~END~
I slightly roll to my side, noticing my hands are tied up, but I have a dagger in my inventory?! Why did I not use this before?! Ugh, Aphmau just grab the dagger, saw through the rope and escape before they notice! I silently scolded myself.
I was through my bond on my hands and feet, just waiting for the idiots to turn their heads once again so I could get out of here. Okay, deep breathe. You've done this a thousand times. I have? Huh. 1... 2... 3... Now! I jump to my feet and start sprinting, climbing a hill and jumping onto a tree as fast as I could. The idiots didn't even notice I was gone. Haha, some guards they are. I rush off, a little to the side of the village, where I would set up camp and figure out where in the Nether I am.

Sly's POV
It's been a couple hours, and we're still searching. One of the portals was out of commission, the one that takes us to a whole other world, something we had yet to explore. We hope that we would soon fix it, but I have the sinking feeling that if anywhere, Aphmau is in that world. This is not good at all.

*A lullaby I made up. It's meant to symbolize the fact that Aphmau's mind is now an empty plain, and her life was cut in two.
Heyo! So I was grounded for a short period of time, and I've been trying to write on the down low. I hope you all like it, and thanks for over 100 reads! Byee! ~Convela