Chapter 14

The darkness holds,
as the light shines.
If we ever are so bold,
let us draw our lines.
~~~~~*****~~~~~
Laurance's POV
No signs of Aphmau after Dante took her back to the temporary house she resides in. Speaking of, we never got to actually know how she knows Zoey. And what about that giant paperweight with the pendant? Somethings are not adding up...

"LAURANCE!"
"GAH! Hey, what'd you yell for?"
"You've been standing there for the past five minutes, just staring at that wall. I mean, sure, it's an interesting wall, but still!"
"Sorry Dante, I just have some things on my mind right now."
"Like?"
"Aphmau. Something is no adding up about her. How did she know Zoey? Where did that hammer and pendant come from and why was she the only one able to pick it up? The only think I can think of is thay she's not from around here."
"Well, 'course she's not from around here!"
"Not what I mean. I'm thinking she came from a different dimension, maybe a even whole seperate world."
"Oh..."
"Yeah. And then this morning for after Aphmau went to bed, a man wearing a cloak and hood came into town, looking for a woman matching her description. If she can't remember anything from about herself, how do we know he's telling the truth about being her family?"

Dante seemed to finally get my worry, but before he could respond, Garroth came bounding up to us, a fearful expression on his face.

"Aphmau's house is on fire! I think she's still in there!"

With no hesitation, we all bounded back to where Aphmau was peacefully resting, only to be met with an raging inferno. What was odd, was that the fire wasn't spreading, it was just eating at her house. No signs of life came from the house.

Off to the side, a man carried a bundle into the forest, a lock of black hair falling from the wrappings.

???'s POV
Finally she passed out. She put up a good fight, I thought, chuckling slightly at the horrified look on her face when she woke and saw me.

I need to get back to my lady. The package has been found, were my final thoughts as I passed though the portal, Jessica resting in my arms.

Don't worry Jess, we'll get you back to your real family soon enough. Jason has missed you.

Heyo!
Plot twist! Have you figured out who started this? If you have, put it in the comments! The first person to guess right all get a chapter dedicated to them and a shout out!
Byee! ~Convela