Chapter 8

Time of torn and ravaged lands.
Hear a song of sadness.
See the sea stretching far from hand.
And give in to your madness.
~~~~***~~~~

They took me to another house, saying they now trusted me enough to wander a bit, so long as I didn't leave the village boundaries. I was fine with that. Though I was not fine with the condition it was in. The roads were horrendously kept, everyone was in the well, holes littered the pathways, there wasn't nearly enough light to keep out mobs, and some houses were just 3x3 with a dirt floor! I had time to myself, so why not fix all these?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I finally got the roads in better condition, went mining and patched up that giant hole, covered the well until I could move it to a better place, and made tons of torches! And the sun was just about to set.
Nice work, Aph, nice work, I mentally praised myself.
"Whelp, time to go to bed!" And I skipped off, not knowing of the eyes that watched me.

Sly's POV
"Nothing, not a dang thing! Why the hel-heck is it so hard to find you, Aphmau? Why can't you give us a clue so we can get you home?" I muttered to myself, looking over the paperwork on her desk and the memory crystal once again. There was no hints as to why she met up with him but I knew that she had reasons. And dang good ones at that. I sighed yet again, running my hand through my hair and grimacing at how tangled it was.
"Sly, you need to sleep. You haven't slept at all since she left. We'll find he-"
I slammed my hands into the table, startling Kala. "You don't get it, do you? She is in the land of shadows, trapped there with IT. There is plenty of reasons to have sleepless nights and worry over her." She just glared at me and walked off in a huff.
I turned back to Aphmau's papers, glancing through yet again in search of something I knew was not there.
Aph, do you see what you've done to us?

Heyo! It's been a while, huh? I've actually got a lot done on some drafts, and I have a new book coming out soon, the sequel of Memories of Shadow. It's called Shattered Shadow, and I actually think it's pretty good. I'll be publishing it after I finish Something to a Small Town, and maybe before I finish this. This probably has like 10-15 chapters left, so I hope you all enjoy it! Byee! ~Convela