Chpater 5

What's in a truth?
What defines a full truth from a half or a part? Do we ever tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Do we ever tell the truth to ourselves? But, what if the one truth we never question becomes,
What's in a lie?
~~~****~~~
They were relentless in their questioning.
"Where are you from?"
"What's your name?"
"How old are you?"
"Do you have any family?"
"What are you?"
"How did you come to this area?"
I was tired, hungry, and was starting to lose hope. I mean, it's not like they would let me walk around free. Every so often they would get frustrated at my lack of responses, and just leave me in the house with one standing guard outside the door. They never offered any food, saying I'd get some when I cooperated. It's been going on for at least a day, and now I'm just not answering. I have to conserve energy, even if I'd nothing to eat.
My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening once again, but just brunette this time entered. He had this sort of... look on his face. He asked the one question I could answer without confusion.
"Do you remember anything from your past?"
I sadly shook my head, defeated. I had no energy to talk, and my vision was slowly fading to black. I saw some soot by my foot as I fell off the chair, and did all I could to write my name. His face was horrified when he realized that I was so far gone, but he was even more dumbfounded by the word I wrote.
Aphmau....

Sly's POV
"Why Aphmau? Why would you meet HIM?" I whispered into the night.
Our searches were futile, I knew this. I didn't care, she was our friend and fearless at that. She would do just about anything to protect us. And with the portal she went through, I knew that she went into his realm, and that she has no protection besides her favorite dagger that she carried around, despite having one of the most powerful weapons at her disposal.
"...Sly? I think it's time to call everyone back. She at least deserves to have a ceremony for being such a great friend." Kala said, a small frown on her face and worry in her eyes.
"Okay, Kala. Castor should be the one presiding though. He knew her longer."
"Uhh.. There's a problem with that."
"What?! What happened?!"
"He was the one we sent off to explore the portal world a few weeks back, remember? We had to give him some pretty strong memory potions so the people there wouldn't get suspicious. He had this whole 'Crazy Chicken Man' persona."
"....Does he still have his communication amulet?"
"Yeah, I contacted him last night."
"Tell him to be on the lookout for Aphmau, though she may not remember him."
"Okay Sly." And Kala rushed off to do just that.
Here's to hoping.

Heyo! This is one of my longer chapters, just because you all really liked the last one! I'm really, plainly, awesomely, speechless. It means a lot you guys, and I can't wait to keep going with the story! Byee! ~Convela