Chapter 13

The past defines us,
Our choices mold us.
Our friends stick by us,
As we watch the world go up in smoke.
~~~~~*****~~~~~
Pain laces my movements, a strained groan escaping my lips. Looking around, I once again find myself locked within a mental barrier, the bars now replaced with walls and the cell door replaced up with a wooden one. The walls are white and purple, the two colors creating a checkered pattern.

Ahhh, so you're back.
Not like I intentionally wanted to come here, but I guess it's nice to see- er, hear you.
Aww, thanks Jess!

I snorted at the use of my first name, the pieces already reassembled around me, my past just a memory constantly flashing to the forefront of my mind.

Ehh, still getting used to the name, especially after the overload ya gave me.
Sorry. SHE weakened me so much that I'm only able to reach you here, and only for short periods of time. It ain't easy, and those memories I gave you were just of one life.
Yeah, I get that. Still a lot, though. Did HE....?
Sadly. HE just arrived within the world, and he's got a friend. Well, more like a friend with a few hundred extremely powerful and crazy friends.
Well, just effing awesome.
Hey, no need to give up hope. I'm bring Mjönir to you soon, so you should be back to full strength.
You're forgetting that I also need IT.
Oh, yeah. Notch, I hate having to bargain with that witch.
From what I've gathered from this world's me, I actually had a friend that was a nice witch. So, I think calling her that is a little off, considering.
Probably, but she's still a hag.
Can't disagree with you there.

I smiled, and the room flashed a faint silver, before turning back to its original coloring. 'Notch, please let her get my stuff and come back safe,' I silently prayed to the master game god.

~~~~~*****~~~~~

The hours tick by, and boredom is now a friend I know dearly. I dare not call any other version of myself to this mental prison, though. Who knows what mischief and madness we could create if I had all of myself in one place?

Ahhh, so you're still here?

I turned my head, looking for the source of the slightly raspy voice, which scarily sounds close to mine.

Duh! 'Course she'd still be here!
Indeed, Sassmau.
Why do you hafta call me that, Jess? Well, I mean, CDJess.
Because of the original Jessica, who is so rudely eavesdropping on our conversation.
Not my fault you all talk so loud. Who's all there, and from what dimension?
Well, there's me, Sassmau, from the Sassy Lawyer. Then there's Jess, from Crafting Dead, then MCD Lord Aphmau, then MyStreet Aph, then Kindergarten Ms. Aph, then FNAF Aph, then MMW Aphmau, then Phoenix Drop High Aphmau, then MRJess, and then Jessica Odinson from SM, but she left.
Oh, I know where she went. I also know who most of you are, much to my creator beyond the screens pleasure. I'm Jessica, from YouTube.
So you're the original?
Yep, pretty much. I already know MCD Lord Aphmau, and Jessica Odinson. I don't want to be overwhelmed right now, so could you ladies split off until I call upon you when I'm in this state?
Sure!