CHAPTER 8

♦This chapter is unedited, so if there are any mistakes I'm sorry. Feel free to correct me in the comments below.

-------------------------------------------------

I pulled up after tying up my converse. I did a quick outfit check in the mirror in my wardrobe. I had on a blue full sleeve v-neck blouse that hugged my very slight curves and a tight fit denim jeans. I had my hair pulled up in a ponytail and I looked ready to go. I took a deep breath and pulled my bag on my shoulder. It had a notebook and a few pens and felt super light. Slightly nervous I walked out of my room to go for breakfast.

"Here you go Shay! Eat up quickly, you don't want to be late. Dad's in the study. He asked me to let you know." Said Martha placing a plate with fruits yoghurt and toasts in front of me. Then she came and put down a glass of milk. I quickly finished up and went to meet my dad.

Dad got up and gave me a hug when I entered. He had been working on some papers. He picked another file and said we could leave to go write my entrance.

The drive here took us nearly half an hour. I looked at the gates of possibly my new school. It was a dream for so many kids to go here. It looked beautiful. A security opened the massive black iron gates to let us in. Dad handed him a slip which confirmed we were called by the administration today.

I walked with dad towards the front desk. The school had a medieval castle look with grey stone walls, towers and all. Apparently we had to wear our uniform on Monday Wednesday and Friday while we could wear casuals on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Today being a Thursday the students would be dressed in casuals, but I couldn't see any around. They were probably in classes.

As we were waiting for the principal to call us in the bell rang and distant noises of students chatting filled the air. I excused myself to go take a look. I peeped from the hallway to see students swarming the corridors. I stared in astonishment. I couldn't see even a single girl who was wearing jeans or even denim shorts for the matter of fact. They all were walking around in dresses and skirts showing off their well shaped legs wearing high heels.

"Shine, you may go in." The receptionist called. I quickly turned and walked with my dad to the Principal's office. Our Principal looked like she was in her mid Forty's and she was dressed in a formal suit. She had deep brown short hair and same coloured eyes with black rimmed glasses that framed her face perfectly. She looked good. She stood up to shake hands with dad and then sat back down motioning us to take the seats in front of her. I was starting to get kind of nervous now. Apparently we would have a small meet with the principal after which i would be led to another room to take the test. After I finished the test i would be led to the field where the coach would test my physical fitness.

"So, you like our grounds Dear?" the Principal who's name I read to be Dr. Winther off the name plate on her desk asked me. "Well, I haven't really seen much of it yet but it looks Beautiful!" I said grinning. I was mainly in love with the track they had here. I was a runner and the race track i got a glimpse of here on my way up was a dream for everyone who loved running. "So, Miss Vinson, Why do you think you deserve a place here?" she asked. I mentally thought I don't even WANT to be here! then replied to her "Well, I am a hardworking student and I really want something done with my life. I have dreams and this college is a great exposure for me. Also me being into Athletics I will get great opportunities over here. I have good grades and am hard working. I am not all that bad at running and can get a few trophies for the college as well. I don't see why I don't deserve to be here." Wow. I have no clue where that came from. Well I sort of figured I wasn't headed anywhere without some confidence here but this was way more than what I had planned on. I hope I didn't mess things up for me. Dr. Winther was giving me a serious look. I felt uncomfortable under her stare and shifted slightly. A smile broke on her face. "I love girls who know what they are doing. Your confidence in yourself is what is getting you through this round today." Wait. So, this was it? I had cleared the round with the principal? DAMN. This is sooo cool!