CHAPTER-12

♦This chapter is unedited, so if there are any mistakes, I'm sorry. Feel free to correct me in the comments below.♦

-------------------------------------------------

I felt something drop on my face and stirred slightly. Shifting a bit I felt something poking into my back. I squirmed a bit more trying to find a more comfortable position to drift back into sleep. Ugh. My bed wasn't a bit comfy. My eyes snapped open as I felt another drop of water hit my face. Looking around I seemed to take in my surroundings. I was suddenly jerked into reality as it dawned to me that I fallen asleep atop a tree.

It had started to rain now. The rain was a slight drizzle but that was probably because it couldn't penetrate through the canopy of the trees here. I pulled out my iPod -which had stopped playing after my playlist was over - to check the time.

"HOLY CRAP!" I shouted into the night. The display showed the time 12:34am. Mom and dad would be freaking out. I quickly slid down the tree. I had no sense of direction anymore. I didn't even have my hoodie and it was getting cold.

I started walking around the tree to see which way I had come from. Luckily, I had broken a few branches on my way here so once I found them I walked into the thicket once again.

It felt eerily quiet and every time a twig cracked under my foot, it sent my heart into a frenzy. Following the branches I had broken off on my way here I finally made it out of the woods. I sighed in relief. Then followed the path back to the park.

NATHANIEL POV

I sat waiting on the bench near the swing for Caleb and Ian. Why couldn't these morons hurry up. I should have just gone on my own. I sat cursing them under my breath till I heard footsteps.

"Yo man! What's up? What happened? "

"Caleb" I acknowledged him without turning back.

"Yep me alright. Did Ian show up yet?"

"Missed me much? " a third voice spoke. He sounded like he'd been running. I turned around and they both immediately became serious after taking in my expression.

"Okay so, remember the new girl in our school? She happens to be my dad's business partner's daughter. Being the stupid girl she is, she decided it was completely okay for her to walk out of home late at night and now she isn't back yet. You guys need to help me look for her. " I said without pausing to brief them up quickly.

"Ooooh! We're gonna go Janitor's daughter hunting!" Ian said grinning. I shot him a deadly glare asking him to stay serious. That's when we heard footsteps pounding and someone breathing heavily.

My eyes went to the direction of the gates that led into the woods wondering who could be running this late in the night. "Some people do have weird timings to go out for a jog don't they." Caleb said looking surprised.

I didn't know if I should be surprised or relaxed. My eyes followed the thin girl running out of the gates. She was drenched, just like us but looked more like a drowned cat. She looked around and finally saw us. One would expect her to come running to us for help, but like I said before, this girl is highly unpredictable.

She saw us and started running towards us, stopped after a few steps and then turned her way and ran out of the park. Not only did she run away, but she also turned the opposite direction. I couldn't help but have a half smile spread across my face in amusement. I wonder why she ran away.

I was snapped into reality as Caleb and Ian burst out laughing. Caleb turned to me still laughing and asked "Was that the girl we were supposed to hunt?"
"I suppose" I replied still amused.

"C'mon, she's going the wrong way." I said starting to jog after her. I could see her still running away in the wrong direction. Once I reached her I shouted "Shine! Stop. You're going the wrong way." She stopped half turning. The look on her face said she didn't believe me. I burst out laughing for some reason and put my hands up.

"I come in peace. Come back home, everyone is worried to death plus I'm rather wet and sleepy so- if you don't mind I'd like to go back." I said. She stood there staring. I think she was trying to look intimidating but well she looked like a drowned cat. How seriously could one possibly take her.

Shrugging, I shouted "Okay do as you like. I am headed home. If you wish to roam the streets all night so be it." After saying that I simply turned around, motioned Caleb and Ian to follow me and started walking away.

As I expected her to- soon after she came running towards us. Now, You would expect her to at least thank us or stop and walk with us. But this girl? NOPE. She just ran past us like her life depended on it or like if she walked with us we'd chop her off and use her meat for BBQ.

Soon, we reached her house. Caleb and Ian said goodbye and walked away down the street where they lived.

I entered the house to Shine being lectured by her mom, about how irresponsible she was and didn't even bother taking her phone with her. Feeling sad for Shay I spoke up in her defence. "Mrs. Vinson, she's okay don't worry so much. I know what she did was wrong but I think she learnt her lesson. Being out that late is rather terrifying don't you think? Its pretty late maybe we should all just go to bed?" I flashed her a charming smile which I knew would do wonders.
She quickly agreed and sent Shine up and bid us goodbye.

SHINE POV

It really bothered me as to why he would possibly help me from getting screwed. And it also made me feel super guilty about earlier, when I thought he'd try to harm me if I walked back with him. I was really terrified when I saw him there with two more guys in the park. Honestly speaking they freaked me out more than being alone near the tree.

All the possibilities of what could have had happened to me, that were running through my mind had me freaked out real bad. Now that I was home and safe I felt better.

I walked to my wardrobe and pulled out my warm pjs. Taking them to my washroom I took a nice warm shower my head full of Nat and his weirdness. That guy was so hard to understand.

As I walked out of the washroom drying my hair I saw my phone on the bed. Quickly sending the pictures I took today from my iPod to my phone I sent them to my girls back home.

Finally I crawled into bed, curled up and fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Tell me what you think of this chapter and please do vote and comment!

Till then :')

Love- fangirlinfinity1 <3