CHAPTER 16

Hey all! This chapter is unedited so if you find mistakes please be helpful and correct them so that I can make the changes! 😀😀

Also, Shine was ranked #307 in teen fiction and I couldn't have done this without you wonderful people so thank you thank you thank you soooooooo much you lovely people! ❤ You all are the best and most supportive lot one could ask for :')

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked out of my biology class with a smile on my face. I had aced that test. All my hard work had paid off.

I walked to my locker to trade my books with my sketch book since I had a free hour next. I wanted to go to my class and work on my next assignment.

I smiled proudly as I saw my sketch on the display board outside the classroom. Even after Senna's efforts to try and sabotage my work I still managed to do a great job.

I walked into class and greeted Mr. Mason. "Good morning Mr. Mason. How is your day going?" I asked, not out of formality but because he was the only person nice enough to talk to in this campus.

"It's been better but good enough. How about you? "He replied with a smile. I thought back to today before Biology when I was knocked down to the floor. My stomach which had been kicked throbbed slightly.

"It's been worse" I copied with a shrug followed by a small smile. Then I moved to the back of the class to work on my next project: scenery.

This wasn't supposed to be all that hard but we had to do this without any references and also make it completely different from everyone else for it to stand out.

After a while Mr. Mason told me he had some work to do so he would be back in some time. I nodded at him and continued my work not paying much attention to what he said.

I shrugged out of my blazer after some time and on second thought I pulled my hair into a messy bun. I got back to working when I heard the door shut.

I looked up to see Amanda whose name I figured only a few days ago. She was the lead of the stuck up group I met the first day. The reason my life was hell. The reason I had to go through so much.

A slow smirk appeared on her face as she tapped her heel on the wooden floor underneath. I felt my heart clench in fear. Immediately my head flew to where Mr. Mason was supposed to be only to find it empty.

I frantically looked all around the room finding it completely empty. I gulped. I stood up and waited as she slowly walked towards me looking like a tigress stalking her prey.

The cogs in my head started wheeling as I came up with a million terrible scenarios with how this would end. But I knew one thing for sure, I wasn't going to give up.As if she didn't know my name.

"How's your stomach dear?" she asked with fake concern. I felt like throwing up on her oh-so-expensive shoes. I decided to remain quiet again.

"Look I'm not going to play around with you. This is our academy and I will not permit ANYONE emphasis on anyone ruin its name. I do not know how you can pay for an enrollment here since judging from your clothes you're hardly well off. I want you gone from here. Anyone who dresses like you does not have any right to be here. You are a disgrace to our status Shine. You belong in the dump yard. And trust me I will make sure you get there."

I silently listened to her mini speech. "Are you done?" I asked her with a wary look. I was in no mood to play around with her and I wanted all this to be done with.

"Not even close. I will only be done when you're out of here." She said now with a really scary look. I pretended to be completely calm while mentally I was extremely scared of the extents she could go to.