CHAPTER 15

Happy new year y'all lovely people!! ❤
Have the best year ever!
Hope you all achieve what you wish for and do all those things you plan on doing!

This chapter is unedited so if you find flaws please be good people and help me correct them! Saves a lot of time proof reading!

Fellow authors, you know what I mean? ;)

Without further ado, read on!!

-------------------------------------------------

Shutting my books, I stretched. It was Saturday morning and I had a test this Monday in Biology that I had to study for. Well technically it wasn't morning anymore. I had been studying all morning and it was 12:21pm now.

I was glad nothing happened to me after that day. My body had almost completely recovered from all the injuries. I leant a little to see my reflection in the mirror. Lifting my shirt slightly, I saw the almost yellow bruises on my stomach. I winced at the memory.

Sick of being cooped up in my room all the time I decided to go out for a little run. Honestly I ran just to feel the wind hitting my face and the burst of energy.

I traded my denim shorts for a pair of comfortable yoga pants and wore a hoodie over my black Donald Duck T-shirt, not bothering to change out of it. I strapped my phone on to my arm and plugged my wireless earphones in my ear.

All the extra accessories were a gift from dad. A way for making up for their absence, I suppose. Well if only they knew that materialistic things were not what I really needed right now.

Shouting to whoever was listening that I was going for a run, I stepped out of the house and into my front yard. I stretched for a bit since my muscles were stiff, followed by a jog on the spot.

I was ready to run after that. I started off with a slow pace, heading in the only direction I had explored till now. The park. Soon, I picked up pace. The cool autumn wind enveloping my face almost making it numb.

Thanks to my defense classes my stamina had also increased so I wasn't getting tired easily. As the gate of the park came into view I slowed down my pace.Beads of sweat had formed on my forehead so I decided to stop for a bit. I walked over to the swing and sat on it gently pushing it. My thoughts wandered to back home.

I didn't understand why clothing defined a person. The people here judged me purely based on what I wore. No one cared that I was now as rich as any of them.They only cared about girls who dressed in expensive clothes and walked around like Barbie dolls. I hated that. I hated rich people. I hated being rich. I closed my eyes, leaning on the ropes of the swing for support.

I wished things could go back to how they were before. I had wondered before, on countless occasions how life would be for rich people. Now that I was rich and I wanted nothing to do with it.Sighing, I got off the swing to go to the only place I liked here. The tree. MY tree. Slowly I walked to the far side, to enter the forested area.

Taking the cut in the forest, where I'd managed to scratch the bark of the tree to remember the path- the last time I came here and spent an hour looking for it - I made my way to the tree.Once I made it into the clearing I came to a sudden halt. In the place that I sat at the last time, was another person. I took cautious slow steps towards the intruder in my place.

He was angled slight to the left, so I took adjusting steps to try and get a better look at the face. Once I was positioned I bent my neck to get a better look.

I have no idea why, but I wasn't surprised at what I saw. Nat slept there peacefully with an open book in his hand. Somehow he never striked me as the type who reads. But again - no one here was normal.