.68.

Castiel walked down stairs with a glum look on his face and bags in hand.

Today is the day Dean and Sam go back home, and honestly, cas was heart broken. "Come here cas..." Sam said trying to cheer his friend up with a tight hug and a reassuring smile. "i-ill mi-iss you sam" cas stuttered into his shoulder trying not to cry.

Cas pulled away and wiped his tears before grabbing the bags again and walking out of the door. "im sure dean will text you everyday.." Sam commented as he shut the truck full of bags and luggage. Cas only nodded in response before going back inside for dean.

"You can hang with Mishka.. He's in the backyard." Cas smiled to sam, knowing about his love for the dog. Sam smiled before running to the backyard and greeting his pal.

Cas walked up the stairs and into the guest room where the winchesters stayed for there visit. He knocked on the locked door before speaking. "Dean.. Its.. Its time to go now. Your plane is taking off in two hours." Cas said with a sigh as he leaned on the side of the door.

"Too bad the plane can wait." Dean called back through the shut door. "Dean it doesn't work like that." Cas replied groaning. "I don't care.." Was all dean said before opening the door frowning.

"Dean we can FaceTime all we want." Cas said with a sad smile as he placed his hand on the boys shoulder. "It wont be the same." Dean closed his eyes and sighed grabbing castiels hands, intertwining them with his. "Come on dean." Cas pleaded, looking down at there hands locked together.

The green eyed boy looked up and had a sorrow expression before nodding. Cas grinned for a second before squeezing deans hand and walking down the stairs with him.

Castiel felt a ball of fur around his legs, making him look down to see Pepper purring. "Peppers gunna miss you too dean." Cas said picking his cat up and gently stroking its fur. "Yeah.. Im going to miss that thing too." Dean rolled his eyes playfully in response.

Cas smiled before placing Pepper down and walking to the front door. "SAM COME ON!" Castiel called as he opened the door and waited for the younger Winchester to arrive.

Sam dragged himself in moments later frowning. "I miss mishka already" he pouted walking over to his brother. "I bet he'll miss you too" cas replied sadly, walking out of the house and into the bright afternoon.

_____

Sam tossed the luggage into the conveyor belt with a sigh. Castiel and dean copied his moments before walking through separate scanners.

"Turn." A woman said from behind the desk, making the boys rotate in the other direction. This repeated for a while.

Through out the whole security search,    Dean and Cas shared glares and sad smiles with each other as sam watched, sad too.

"I just worked this OTP this out too.." Sam frowned grabbing this bag and dragging it behind him slowly. "Yeah so did we." Dean replied tugging on his roller luggage, that seamed heaver than before. "Do you need assistance?" Castiel asked stoping and turning around to his friend. Dean shook his head and smiled in response, tugging at his luggage and walking ahead of them.

Soon the boys made it to the gate and thats when they really started to become sad.

Cas sat down and waited for the plane to get ready, motioning for sam and dean to follow.

Dean sat next to cas and sam sat on the opposite side if him. Cas sighed and grabbed sams wrist, making him turn to face his friend. "I brought you something." Cas smiled and leaned over to his small bag and pulled out a small stuffed dog.

"I couldn't bring mishka, but i brought something similar for you departure." Cas smiled handing the white stuffed dog to sam. Sam smiled taking the dog and holding on to it. "Thank you cas." He said in response, making cas nod.

"What about me?" Dean said grinning. "Nothing." Cas said simply. Dean frowned and nodded. "Oh..." Was all he managed to say before looking down at his bag.

"Now Seating... Flight 13... Texas" the woman called from the start of the tube that went into the plane.

"Well thats us.." Dean said sighing. "Yeah.." Sam said in response looking the other way. "ill miss you guys.." Cas said pulling the winchesters by there sides and hugging them tightly.

Dean was the first to get up, and sam followed as they slowly walked to the boarding area. Sam gave the woman her ticket before walking into the plane and waiting for his brother.

Dean stayed at the end of the border.

He didn't face cas, he didn't want to see that expression. "Cas i don't want to leave." He spoke turning around to face his friend. "I haven't gotten you to fall for me yet." He added with a sad expression.

"Dean.." Cas was on the edge of tears but wiped them away as he saw dean turn around again and slowly cross the boarder.

"Dean wait!"

Cas ran over to dean and turned him around, catching him off guard with kiss. Cas put his arms around deans neck wanting to feel something. Dean pulled away slowly smiling. "Anything?" He asked hopeful for a yes.

Castiel slowly looked down and shook his head. "Im sorry dean-" "cas its okay." Dean chuckled pulling his friend into a hug. Cas hugged back, relief filling him, knowing dean wasn't upset.

"ill miss you castiel novak."

"like wise winchester."

Cas pulled away from the warm hug as he saw dean smile. The winchester turned and walked over to his younger brother before turning around one more time.

"Don't forget to text me!"

"I wont."

_____

This chapter ending was bleh

👽✌🏼️