Chapter 2

I went home that night with a smile on my face. I made a new friend, got mostly accustomed to my classes, and avoided getting run over in the halls! So, all in all, I had a perfect day. "Mom I'm home!" 

"In here" she calls from the kitchen

 As I headed to the kitchen, I got the feeling I was being watched. I turned around and ran into someone.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't see you there." I looked up to see a cute boy.

"Uh, its ok!" I said, dumbfounded.

"Hey, I'm Jay. I'm helping you guys move in. I live down the street."

 I stood there in shock, wondering how he knew my mom.

He started walking back to the kitchen and, as if reading my mind, said,"I met your mom on my way home and she asked me to help. I hope that's ok?"

He is already confusing me by the time we get to the kitchen. He just, what, magically ran into my mom? Weird.

15 minutes later- 

"Cassie? Do you think your friend will want to stay for dinner?" My mom asked as she unpacked some pots and pans.

"I'm not sure, but I'll ask." I say, getting up.

"Hey, uh, Jay?" I say as i enter my new room upstairs. He had come up here about ten minutes ago, so he would still be here.

"Did you want to- Wow!" I say when I see all my stuff unpacked.

 My bed was against a far wall with a purple satin canopy over it and my favorite bed set on top of the mattress. The walls had all my posters on them, and the closet was full of my clothes. Jay came out of the personal bathroom with paint all over him.

"Hey! I was just finishing up the bathroom. Do you want to see?"

"Really?!? Well, uh. I mean yea, sure"

 I walk into the bathroom and the first thing I see is a black Gothic style mirror on top of a freshly painted purple wall. Small lights lit up the room from unknown angles, and the room looked perfect.

"WOW!" I shrieked. I was about to hug him when my mom came in, saying dinner was ready.

"Did you want to stay? For dinner,I mean!" I said as he flashed me a crooked smile, making my heart skip a beat.

"Thank you, but I can't. My sister is expecting me back soon. Some other time?"

I nodded, opening the door for him to go. "See you tomorrow?" He said, stopping short.

"Yeah, See ya tomorrow!" He smiled again, and left.

"He was so sweet to help us." My mom said, a minute later.

"Yeah...he was"