Chapter 12

I woke up to my mom moving me off her lap.

"Good morning, mom." I say, stretching and yawning.

"Morning, Cass! Do you want some breakfast?" She says sweetly, walking to the kitchen.

"What time is it?" I ask, looking for my phone.

"Uh, it's 10:49, no now 10:50." She says looking at the clock on the wall.

"Why?"

Crap. I never told her about Jay or the dance!

"OK, don't get angry! There is a dance in a little less than a month at my school, and that boy Jay that helped us move in, asked me to go with him." I said, all in one breath.

"Oh honey! That's great! When are you going to look for a dress?" She asks, as if nothing happened.

"Uh, in an hour. Wait, you're OK with this? That I didn't tell you?" I ask my oddly calm mother.

"You told me not to get angry. So I won't." She answers.

Huh. Weird.

"Do, uh, do you want to, uh, come? To help pick the dress? You know, a third opinion." I ask, going back to the dress situation.

"Sure! That would be fun! Some mother and daughter time! With the exception of your friend." She says grabbing my hand.

She pulls me into a hug, and I relax a little bit.

"So, just eggs to eat?" She says letting go, and walking to the kitchen again.

Two hours later:

I have tried on at least, seven different dresses.

My mom told me about this new dress shop, so I went to see if it had dresses that fit my style.

Turns out, the dresses here were all frilly and princess like.

Bummer.

"Oh! That one is cute!" Says my mom.

I hate this one so much.

Its an ugly pink colour, with a bell shaped skirt, and ruffles everywhere.

"Mom. I. Hate. Pink! Can't we go to the dress shop that Kenzie picked? That's more my style." I beg my mother.

"OK. But if all else fails, back to here. Yes?"

"Yes!" I call back to her, already in my dressing room.

"Did she say yes to my dress shop?" Kenzie asks, over the wall that divides the dressing rooms.

"Yes!" I squeal.

What kind of dress should I get for Cassie? Jk! I already know!

Short chapter. But! At least Cassie's mom isn't mad at her!

Thank you for all your support!

Unfortunately, I only have 18 views on this book.

Does nobody like my book?

*Hides in closet and starts crying*

Anyway, don't forget to,

Like!

Comment!

Vote!

And,

Eat a popsicle!