Chapter 5

I didn't go back to sleep that night.

Jay picked me up the next morning, and the first thing I did was start asking questions.

"OK, its tomorrow! What happened last night?" I ask urgently.

"Wow, you don't give up do you?" He says uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry! I would like to know what tried to kill me last night. Also, what was that light thingy that came out of our hands? Because, that's not normal!"

"Uh, could we talk about this another time? Its not safe here. I promise that I will tell you everything. But not now." He says avoiding all eye contact.

I'm starting to wonder if he's ever going to tell me.

"Trust me, I will tell you everything." He says, glancing at me for a moment.

How did he know what I was thinking?

"I can't tell you! Its not safe right now!"

"OK, how are you doing that? I don't think I'm saying my thoughts out loud." I ask him, extremely confused.

Last time I checked, my thoughts were in my head!

As I think this, the car comes to a stop, in a place I've never been before.

Jay gets out and starts walking twords a grassy area, and I have no choice but to follow him.

"Where are we, Jay? What's going on?" I ask him, as I come up next to him.

I look down, and see that we are at the top of a cliff, 100 feet above the water.

"You want to know everything, right?" He says, looking at me questioningly.

"Yes. I want, no, I need, to know everything." I say taking a step closer to him.

"Fine." He says.

He looks deep into my eyes, and I notice how sad he looks.

"Now, you need to take this serious. If I tell you what we are, you have to believe me. And don't run." He says, grabbing my hand.

His hands are soft and his touch comforting.

I suddenly relax at his touch.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Yes." I say anxious.

"OK. We are a special type of creature. We are the strongest of all other hybrids. We are a mix between vampire, and angel."

Hey! Big shocker, huh? Cassie has no clue what's going on, but can she trust Jay?

Will Jay have proof of this alleged secret?

Until next time, my free people!

Hug someone who means the world to you!