District 8

A young 13 year old girl walked down the a small street of District 8. Snow slowly fell down to earth. Her orange and white fur glistened in the light. Her green and brown eye shimmered with happyness. Elsie's brown shoulder lenghted hair flew in the wind. Her bushy tail wagged behind her hapilly, a smile plastered on her furry face. Her house was soon in her sights. Elsie quickly ran to her home. Both of her brothers could be seen from the window. She lightly tapped on the window, catching the attention of both brothers. Kyle walked to the door and quickly opened it. Elsie ran inside and closed the door. She shook making snow fly everywhere. Cayson groaned as he was covered in snow.

" Sorry" Elsie said while taking off her winter clothes.

" A snow storm is coming" Kyle pointed out.

" that's why I came home early" Elsie said while brushing her paw through her brown hair.

" We better get some sleep" Cayson said. Elsie's mixed colored eyes flashed fear. The Reaping was tomorrow. She had made is last year along with her brothers. But that could change this year. Any of them or two of them could go into the games and die. Kyle hugged his younger sister. Cayson joined the hug. Elsie hugged both of her brothers tightly.

" It's gonna be okay Elsie. We got you" Kyle said warmly. Elsie nodded and smiled lighltly. All three siblings went to their rooms and went to bed.

On the other side of the District was a 15 year old girl. Her black and white fur moved slightly in the breeze as the storm closed in. Her waist-length brown hair brushed against her sides. She closed the window of her home and sighed. Her mother and father were already off to bed.

' I don't wanna go to the reaping. Please don't make me go' she pleaded. Her blue eyes filled with determination and determination.

" Maybe I'll be okay. Only one to find out" she said quietly to her self. The panda slowly turned off all the lights and lies down. Soon sleep took over her thoughts.