Deja Vu Moments

He spun around and pinned Haise to the wall, his Kakugan showing.

"What the f*ck do you mean by that?!" He growled, a mixture of agony and pure anger flowed through his veins.

Haise didn't flinched but simply smiled, "whatever you want it to mean." He then pushed the heaving ghoul off him and left.
--
Nonetheless, when you were assigned to assist Urie Kuki for a month as leader of the Quinx, the latter was surprised.

His eyes widened and his breath hitched in his throat as he looked at you, his previous mentor, standing there at the Chateau's front door. You looked exactly the same but the look in your eyes was strange. Like everything before you was brand new.

Oh right, Urie thought, she's not (Y/N) anymore.

"Come in," he said, holding the door open for you, "the new Quinx members will only be here tomorrow."

"Thank you," you said, entering the huge home and looking around at the place. It was neatly kept and very clean.

Urie watched you as you made your way around that day, he noticed things you didn't; like how you immediately knew which room was yours, where the washrooms were, how you took a particularly large step over a certain spot on the floor because that was the part that creaked when weight was applied on it.

He noticed everything. You were the same (Y/N) but at the same time, you weren't. You were Sakurai Atsuko.

"Who's this?" You asked all of a sudden, looking at a photograph of his deceased friend. Your sudden inquiry shocked him out of his deep thinking.

"That's Shirazu Ginshi, he was one of us who died in action... The ghouls who killed him even took his body away," he said, adding the last part to see your reaction. He stepped closer to you until he could see your face.

Tears where streaming down your cheeks. Remember us, (Y/N), Urie thought hopefully only to sigh in disappointment when you laughed at your silliness. "Oh wow, I... Don't even know why I'm crying."

That moment, the front door opened and in walked Saiko Yonebayashi.

"I'm home-" she froze when she saw you, "(Y/N)!" She cried, running towards you and tackling you into a hug. "You're back!"

"I-" you couldn't find any words to express what you were feeling, you were shocked but yet a part of you felt so euphoric that you felt terribly conflicted.
--
After that month of being with the Quinx, you were partnered with Mutsuki Tooru to give a talk at the Academy.

"Sakurai Atsuko, huh?" He mumbled to himself as he waited for you in the car that he borrowed from the CCG for this trip, "sounds familiar..."

"Sorry I'm late, you said as you opened the car door, proceeding to sit beside him on the passenger's seat.

"It's alri- (Y/N)?" He exclaimed, only then remembering that you were the one who got her memory altered. "I mean, um... Hi?"
--
While at the lecture, the students noticed how Mutsuki kept looking over at you, a sort of look in his eyes.

The girls giggled when they thought it was lust. The boys clenched their jaws. But after a few minutes they noticed that it wasn't lust but sadness.

The students were very quiet that day.
--
The next week, you were officially assigned as Sasaki Haise's partner, along with Nimura Furuta.

In the following month, your trio became well known throughout the CCG for your excellent dynamic and good chemistry. There were rumours that both men even held feelings for you.

It wasn't long until you felt the same for Haise but for some reason, you didn't feel quite right.