Hinami Fueguchi

Ghouls Arranged For Disposal:
...
26) Hinami Fueguchi [Picture]
Alias: Daughter Ghoul
Date: Classified
...
--
Records Of Disposed Ghouls:
...
256B) Kaneki Ken [No picture available]
Alias: Eyepatch Ghoul
Date: -Unknown-
...
786G) (Y/N) (L/N) [No picture available]
Alias: Arachnid
Date: -Unknown-
--
It felt surreal reading through the records. You were assigned to speak to Hinami Fueguchi, she was to be disposed soon but for some reason you were told to try to get some last bit of information from her before they decided the disposal date. The Board said it with such conviction that you'd be able to squeeze some kind of information that she could've hiding; like seeing your face, she'd give in.

You walked to her cell and unlocked it with your Investigator Pass. In your hand was a print out of the records. You weren't supposed to bring them but a part of you really wanted to. Like that part of you was trying to tell you something.

The door clicked as the it unlocked, the first thing you saw inside was the ghoul, she sat in the corner, knees pulled up to her chest with her head resting on top them. She looked up as your footsteps echoed in the room, her face lit up and tears welled up in her eyes. The door shut closed behind you.

Before you could say anything, she'd leaped up and embraced you firmly. She buried her face in your neck and cried. You stood rooted to the ground, shocked and unsure of what to do, a surge of sympathy (and... Recognition?) shot through your chest, so you held her back.

"Hinami Fueguchi, I am Investigator Sakurai Atsuko and I'm here to interrogate you."

It was that moment, Hinami knew something was very, very wrong.
--
After you'd gotten her to calm down, you got her to sit opposite you by the table in the room; it, and the chairs, was the only piece of furniture in the cell.

"After this interrogation, Fueguchi-san," you said, face void of expression, "we will be deciding your disposal date."

She only chuckled, "Fueguchi-san," she looked at you, a soft look in her eyes, "you're still (Y/N)-chan without knowing it, so polite."

An overwhelming sense of nostalgia washed over you, albeit without knowing why. You gathered your thoughts quickly but before you could say anything, the ghoul continued to speak.

"Do you know who you are, Sakurai-san?" She asked, picking up the print out you left on the table and scanning through it, "you," she placed the paper on the table, her finger pressed against the name of ghoul 786G, (Y/N) (L/N), "are her."

"Don't speak nonsense," you blurted out, feeling rather frustrated, (Y/N) (Y/N) (Y/N) (Y/N)... She's all every ghoul I meet talks about! Who is she? Why do they say she's me when I'm not (Y/N)? "I've had enough of hearing her name. I'm just here to decide if you should be disposed or not, Hinami-cha-"

"(Y/N), what's this word mean?"
"It's means 'to have two meanings', it's used to describe words that can have two distinct meanings."
"Can it be used for people?"
"That, I'm not sure."

"-, I mean, Fueguchi-san." You stuttered, feeling as though your heart just fell, it was beating incredibly fast.

"Are you okay-"

"(Y/N)!" Hinami called as she ran down the stairs, excited to show you something she'd made in her free time, "this is fo-" she stopped midway as she tripped over her own feet by accident.

"Hinami!" You cried, placing the tray in your hands down before running over to her, you chuckled a little as she pouted, not in pain but just rather humiliated, "are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine!" You took in a deep and long breath, trying to suppress all the sudden images in your head. "I just..." You rested your forehead on the table, hiding your face from the ghoul.

"Are you remembering anything?" She asked, a hint of excitement in her voice, "do you remember Ayato-"

"I don't care if the colours don't match, (Y/N)!" He shouted. It was the ghoul you saved the other day. "It still looks good!" He seemed to be overreacting.

"Fine! Make our bedroom hideous! At most I'll just sleep in the living room!" You yelled back, arms crossed in defiance. You seemed to be over reacting too.

"Argh!" He grunted, gripping his hair tightly with his fingers out of anger, "fine." He gave in, "whatever you want." He looked at you with such adoration and affection in his eyes, you couldn't believe someone like him could love someone like you so much.

"Yay!" You grinned, arms instantly wrapping around him, lips instantly touching his. "I love you, Ayato," You said after the kiss was shared. The smile he returned was beautiful, it was like all his worries in his worrisome life were gone in that very moment.

You would like to see that smile again.