Sanity

Your mind was blank as you singlehandedly fought the Doves.

As you did, you recalled all the times Ayato had to sacrifice himself just to protect you, you felt worthless back then. Now you weren't. The power that surged through you as you made the Doves beg for mercy made your mind go numb.

You could feel the thick blood covering your face and body; the guts that surrounded you. You could see yourself ruthlessly attacking anyone or anything that came at you. But you couldn't stop. You didn't want to stop.

"(Y/N)! Please!" Touka shouted when she noticed your sanity slowly draining away. "They're dead! And we have to go!"

You ignored her pleas.

You didn't know how long passed since your friends stopped pleading. It could've been ten seconds of five minutes.

All you could remember was a hand grabbing your shoulder and pulling you away. You whipped around, ready to kill until you saw the face of your love.

"We have... to go..., (Y/N)," he said weakly, blood poured from his wounds. "C...cmon..." he smiled before slumping against you.

You felt your heart go cold as his unconscious body leaned against yours. You could barely support him on your own. Luckily, you didn't have to as Touka and Banjou came to your side and hauled him up into the latter's shoulder.

The few of you proceeded with the escape plan. While everyone was more worried about your loss of control during the previous battle, you only cared about Ayato.