Chapter 5: First Friday

Comment, vote, follow!

----------

Cabinmates

Chapter 5: First Friday

Week 1 - Day 6

It was Friday, and like a school week, after activities are done it's free time till Monday once again. This being said, the students were excited to get some days to themselves with no supervisors and no schedules. They went about their day with much anxiousness for it to be over. But John's group had more tension within it than anything.

After John and Sherlock's little domestic, they've been at each other's throats whenever the two were in a one mile radius... which was always.

John's group was currently having archery in the field. There were a few dozen arrows sprawled across the lawn and four targets aliened about fifteen feet from the students. The group was separated into partners, since there was only four bows amongst them. Greg with Sally, Jim with Molly, and Soo Lin with Irene. That left John and Sherlock to be paired up together, which wasn't the best idea.

"Alright, ready to get your asses whooped!?" Greg laughed out. He was nearly glowing with confidence.

"Greg!" Mr. Anderson yelled coldly. It was Mr. Anderson's day today, which made almost every activity seem unbearable.

Greg scowled at Mr. Anderson while muttering something along the lines of, "Mrs. Hudson would've let us swear you arrogant asshole." He then realized Mr. Anderson was expecting him to correct himself.  "I mean... ready to get your butts whooped?" Greg then received a nod from the now smirking Anderson.

"Greg, this isn't even a competition," Soo Lin said as she fumbled with her bow.

"Well, a little competition never hurt," Irene said with a smirk, making her receive a glare from Soo Lin.

It was then decided that each pair was a group.

The first to go were Sally, Jim, Soo Lin, and Sherlock. Sally barely hit the target, Jim was in the second ring from the bulls eye, Soo Lin almost hit Anderson in the eye -which made everyone laugh hysterically-, and Sherlock was in the first ring from the bulls eye, making him give a snooty grin to John.

"Beat that," Sherlock challenged as he passed John the bow. John had to refrain from rolling his eyes.

"So not only are we competing against the other groups, but within groups too?" John asked sarcastically. It was Sherlock's turn to refrain from rolling his eyes.

John then picked up an arrow from the ground as the others did as well. He steadied his breath and drew up the bow. John tightened his grip as he pulled the arrow back, feeling the tension excel greatly on the string. His eyes focused on the bulls eye, and then he let the arrow fly.

The arrow traveled with great speed. Sherlock was sitting on the ground at the time, pulling on the long strings of grass. He heard a soft pang, making him turn to his and John's target to find the arrow right in the middle of it.

John turned around to the gaping Sherlock. "Beat that," he mocked, trying to imitate Sherlock's deep voice.

Sherlock stood up and received the bow from John. "Impressive, John. Very impressive." Sherlock said quietly as he fiddled with the bow. John couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks, Sherlock." Sherlock then pulled the bow up and began to draw back. "I accept your apology."

Sherlock, thrown off, let go of his bow too soon, making the arrow hit the grass before it even reached the target. He then turned around to face John. "Who said that was an apology?"