Chapter 9

I dreamily went back down the steps, amazed at the scenery before me. This world was so spectacular, so different, so interesting! For the first time in my life, I feel like I belong! This world, everything in it, drew me-I wanted to find out what other secrets abided here. It was unlike my boring world under the sea...

Crap.

Oh crap.

I'm screwed now.

As quickly as I could on my human-legs, I got back to the dock and jumped in. Oops. I still had the human clothes on, and they weighed me down in the water. I struggled to rip them off me, and then I started swimming back towards home as fast as my tail would go. All I could think was; crap. My parents were gonna kill me forreal now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally reached home in a panick. All the fish that usually welcomed me swam away, sensing my anxiety. My parents weren't going be too happy. I was grounded and I disobeyed them...that's never good.

What was I going to tell them? I COULDN'T tell them where I actually was...they would lock me up for all I know.

Id have to lie.

Yeah, I know..not very great, huh... But there was no freaking way I was telling them the truth about where I actually went-it was forbidden and against the laws of the merpeople to go where I went. I entered forbidden territory, which had unspeakable punishments:

Life imprisonment.

Torture.

And even,

in some cases,

death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry y'all short chapter like REALLY SHORT but I wanted to end it like this! My next one will be long:) please....

• COMMENT!

•VOTE!

•FAN!