Chapter 11

A loud knock on my door woke me up early in the morning. It was my mermom.

"Get your tail up young lady, you have chores to do.

Ugh. That's right...I was gonna have consequences. Which I thought was totally unfair...but I got up, and quickly started doing them. I took the sea sponge and cleaned the floors till they sparkled. Then I picked up items, made beds, and so on.

Finally, I was finished, but my eel clock read 10:16pm. Crap. I had been doing chores all day. But let me tell you, it was worth it..nothing, and I mean NOTHING was going to keep me from going to the dock again tonight. And seeing my lovely human. Sh*t, he was gorgeous. Everything about him fascinated me; his muscular arms, legs, body, his facial features, everything. He was a human, and that was a bonus. I've heard stories about merpeople-they can never keep their eyes off humans. We can't help it either; we have to find out more to end our curiousness. And I had to meet HIM again. So I settled it. I was going to the dock again tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night came slow, it seemed. I was beyond eager to go past the barrier rock and enter the world behind it. Nothing could, or would stop me.

Finally, I got up from my sponge bed, and quietly swam to the door. I was out. I breathed a deep breath. Then, I quietly and quickly swam, and in about two minutes I was there. Past the Barrier Rock. I could see it just ahead

of me. The dock. It's beautiful lights shimmered on the water. The city. It was just as breathtaking as before.

I quickly put my head above water, searching for the boat that I got the spare clothes from. YES! It was there. I pulled myself up into the boat quickly, watching my tail disappear and my legs take their form. Amazing. I couldn't stop staring at them. I slowly wiggled them, and smiled.

"Emerald?!" A deep voice shouted in my direction, and I screamed. Sh*t. Oh sh*t. No. This cannot be happening. I knew I should get my ass out of there, but for some reason I was paralyzed with fear. I moved a minute later, trying to get my feet to move, but I wobbled and fell over. Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t.

I was trapped.

COMMENT!!

VOTE !!

FAN!!

SHARE YOUR IDEAS!:)

*** I'll dedicate this chapter to the person who can guess what happens next;)