Chapter 8

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he said and I blushed at his comment.

"Ok, now let me take a look at that arm," he said and he carefully grabbed it.

"Looks like you banged it up pretty bad," Joel said. "What were you doing?"

"I... I scraped it on some rocks," I said quickly.

"Hmm well dont worry, I will fix it right up. I'm a pro at this," he said and smiled.

He bandaged my arm up and soon was finished.

"There," he said. "That better?"

"Yeah, thank you," I said.

"No problem," Joel said and smiled big, his white teeth sparkling.

I had to smile. "Well, I think I better go now," I said and looked away. "My umm... my merpar-- I mean, my--- well, I should just get home and get some rest."

"Oh, ok, sure," Joel said. "Are you going to be down by the harbor again tomorrow night?"

"Maybe, I don't really know. If I can't sleep again I probably will," I said.

"Well, ok, I will see you then, hopefully?" he asked and I smiled.

"Yep. Hopefully." I got up carefully and went to the door.

"Do you need any help?" Joel asked, and I looked up at him. He was tall and muscular. He was so perfect! I didn't want to leave him, but I had to.

"No, I'm fine."

"Ok, well, you know where I live if you want to stop by sometime," he added as I went out the door.

"Yep! It was nice meeting you!" I said as I went down the stairs carefully. I really wanted to see him again. I hoped I could.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyyyy sorry short chapter, the next one will be longer! Thanks for reading!