Chapter Four

I rode along the forrest path before slowing Charm into a walk towards the only place I knew I could have some alone time without any interruptions.

Even though I lived in the palace for two years I was still amazed at the forrest's beauty. The scattered lights of the sun's rays due to the cluster of leaves attached to the tall long trunks of tree raining down the ground. The vivid green leaves attached to branches near the ground that would hang overhead to the cool light breeze, occasionally blowing through vibrating the leaves creating a calming sound.

Before I was a senior in high school buried in all of my studies I was always outside in the woods with Charm but now I only went occasionally.

A three spotted deer was wandering around the trees lifting its head up towards me staring for a moment before turning back around and sprinting off.

I smiled to myself. My mum loved Chamberia's animals so much that it was the reason I was named Fawn. When she was 6 months pregnant with me, my father and her were walking in the woods when she spotted one injured with a broken leg. They took it in to care for but it sadly died after a few days.

You know what happens when a pregnant women gets sad well lets say my mum's emotions were running everywhere. She was crying for a week and wouldn't come out of her room. So my dad asked the palace wood crafter to create a small fawn the size of a hand to give to my mum.

Did it work? ... No. She cried even more muttering how the world was so cruel to life. 

Huh. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

She didn't even get over it until father had to get a scientist in to explain to her the circle of life with animals and with that she finally left the room. Later, my mum gave the wooden fawn to me when she told me the story of why I was named Fawn.

Charm neighed when we got close to the end of the forest which snapped me back to the present. I nudged him into a canter towards the end, smiling to myself when we got out of the forest and to the massive Lake Sky. It was named after the water's resemblance to the blue sky with its turquoise, blue water. Technically, I guess it would only be called that if the sky was clear on certain days so I don't know how that works out if it's dark or storming.

I jumped down from Charm stretching out my arms and legs. I had a massive wedgie from sitting on a saddle for the past hour so I kind of did this weird dance to get rid of it and also to get some blood flowing on my numb legs. I love horse riding and all but I swear the pain from it was killer.

Once I had some feel of my legs again I walked Charm to the area with grass so he could graze on it before walking myself to the giant rock and sitting myself on it looking out towards the lake.

Now this was paradise.

I closed my eyes as could hear the calls of birds surround me and the water slowly sloshing on shore. I took a deep breath of air, breathing in the fresh crispness of the afternoon.

I felt completely relaxed... until cold water splashed over me accompanied by a click of a camera and a whole hearted laugh following.

I took a short intake of breath before opening my eyes to the sight of a male holding his stomach whilst doubling over laughing.

"Omg your face...I ...I can't even," he said straining to talk while laughing.

There was only one other person who knew of this place and the secret off road path to get here.

"Jasper, how nice of you to come. Still can't speak properly I see," I said teeth straining together, I was freezing to death with my wet shirt and the cold Chamberia breeze.