Chapter Fourteen

I'm sorry for the really bad chapters so far. I have been writing chapters in really big time gaps so sometimes the story won't flow or I may have missed some parts in the plot. I will eventually do a MAJOR edit of all of the chapters once I write them all. Please bare with me for now and enjoy this chapter.

.........................................................................

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!"

I groaned as a deafening shriek sounded in the palace. It was a tradition that Jasper created, he would announce and wake up everyone in the household on Christmas morning. He would always run up and down the corridors, waving his arms around screaming whilst Jingle Bells played in the background.

I tried to muffle the sound out with my pillows to no avail, he could have been a banshee in his past life for all I know.

My door suddenly crashed open, I opened my eyes to see my brother dressed head to toe in Christmas gear eagerly jumping up and down. He had reindeer ears on top of his santa hat, an ugly Christmas sweater, Christmas pyjama pants, elf slippers and a pair of snowman gloves. It was truly frightening, like Christmas threw up on him.

"FAWN! HURRY UP AND GET YOUR BUTT DOWNSTAIRS WE'RE OPENING PRESENT! SANTA CAME!"

It was obvious Santa didn't really come, but Connor and I decided to keep the tradition going of having Santa come to bring presents to Jasper. Even though he was a year younger than me he was still a child at heart.

I finally made it downstairs to find my mum, dad, Connor, Jasper and Parker already there. A smile made it onto my face, it was nice to have the whole family in one place (even though Parker was here), I loved how we always came together during Christmas.

I clapped my hands together.

"So who should open their presents first."

"I AM!" Jasper practically lunged towards the pile of presents.

Everyone laughed at his behaviour.

***

I had received some clothes and jewellery with new riding gear and school books from the king and queen. Even if I was part of the royal family they didn't want my education falling. Parker had surprisingly given me a gift, it was a new book that hadn't even hit the stores yet. I was shocked how he could of acquired it, I never even told him about it but he said he asked around. I knew it must of been a more complicated process than just asking but I left it alone. I had thanked him and gave him his present.

"You didn't have to get me anything," Parker said. I rolled my eyes.

"If you gave me a gift of course I had to give you one as well." I nudged him to open it excited for what he would think.

Parker slowly unwrapped the gift keeping the suspense to everyone wondering what I had given him.

"Th-this is..." he started. Doubt clouded my mind, did he not like it?

Parker saw my worried expression.

"No! I love it. It's just I'm speechless," he assured.

I breathed out a sigh of relief. At the shops I saw a snow globe and an idea instantly came in mind for the perfect gift for Parker. I had asked a palace craft maker if he could create a snow globe that had the best locations in Angloria inside. I knew that Parker was missing home so I thought that maybe the snow globe would remind him of it.

"Thank you Fawn," he said beaming at me. "How did you do this?"

"Oh you know. I just asked around," I answered back with his own words.