Chapter 15: Lightning Struck

It was raining outside the camp that we made outside the Village of Grandia. We stopped over the ruins of an old church at the top of a hill after we encountered Ryo-our new company. We made a camp and a fire to keep us warm. Lucy is still sleepy for what she did yesterday. It must be very hard for her to release that much power at once.

“You two should stay here”, Ryo suddenly exclaimed.

“Where are you going Ryo?”, I asked.

“We need some equipments and food, I’ll go look at the village”, he said.

“What? Isn’t it dangerous? I mean, the village is far from here and you’re all alone”, I told him.

“Don’t worry I can take care of myself”, he assured me.

“No, that wouldn’t be enough, we don’t know what’s out there, it’s already dark and it’s raining outside Ryo”, I insisted.

“Why don’t I go with you?”, Rito asked.

“What, and leave these two girls here alone? That’s more dangerous, I’ll go alone”, Ryo said.

“No, take Rito and go, Lucy and I will be fine here, besides, what will happen? We’ll just stay here”, I said.

“No, absolutely NO!”, Ryo is quite angry at that point.

“We can take care of ourselves”, I insisted.

“Don’t worry Uncle, I’ll protect us if anything happens”, Lucy intervened. She is calling Ryo as uncle for respect.

“No dear, you’re still weak from what happened yesterday”, Ryo said to her in a calm voice patting her on the head.

Just then Lucy closed her eyes and said, “Argos Presentum”, when she said that, a magic circle built up under her and someone or something came out from the magic circle.

“What is that?” Ryo asked shocked from what he saw.

“It’s a battle guard from the 18th century, with this you and Big Brother can go at ease”, she said Ryo.

“You really are brilliant”, Ryo said.

They left when everything is settled. Lucy and I sat in front of the fire to warm ourselves up. There was a flash of lighting outside the church, it worried me a little but what’s worrying me more is the guy Lucy just called standing beside us and not moving an inch.

“Hey, you can see through people’s souls and see their pasts right Lucy?”, I asked. I wanted to know if she could help me find my memories.

“Yes but my power is limited through age gaps”, she said.

“What do you mean?”, I asked her back.

“I mean, I can only look unto the past within my time bound, I am 7 years old now which means I can only look back through their souls 7 years before. It just happened that Uncle’s tragic past is within that limit”, she explained.

“Then can you help me please? You see, I’m looking for my memories prior to what happened two years ago. If it wasn’t for Rito, I wouldn’t have doubted myself and know that I’m not who I think I am”, I told her.

“I tried doing that to you Big Sister, back when you saved me from the slave trader but, I can’t seem to look through you. Something is preventing me to do so. That was the first time it happened to me. I got confused for the first time. What is your power Big Sister? I still don’t know it and you haven’t showed it to me yet.”. Lucy said.

“I don’t know either, and I swear until now I don’t seem to have any powers”, I confessed.

Just then, a lightning struck at the church, the ground is shaking and the church is starting to crumble. The guard Lucy summoned took us and shielded us from the falling rocks. We stopped outside and watched as the church crumbles to the sea. Lucy felt tired and had to kneel on the ground, I knelt to see if she’s ok. The guard disappeared.

“Don’t worry Sister, I am just tired, my powers have not yet returned”, she said. I was holding her when I felt the ground under us was about to crumble as well, it was a nick of time before we fall with the rocks, I pushed Lucy as hard as I could to save her from falling. I fell to the sea with the rocks and all I heard was Lucy screaming at me.

“BIG SISTER!!!!”, Lucy is screaming and I sunk deep to the sea and all I couldn’t hear anything anymore. “I just hope she’s alright”, was the only thing I told myself as I lose consciousness.

________________________________________________________________________

What will happen to Juvia? Find out on the next chapter!