Chapter 29: What Really Happened? Part II

“Mom”, I blurted out gasping. She was trapped inside the cage.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get you out, close your eyes”, Zefyr told her. Mom did what she was told. He held the cage and then light comes out and I can see the cage melting down turning into rust. It’s as if his powers are corroding it. When he made the right damage, he entered the cage.

“It’s alright now, you’re safe, what are you doing here alone? It’s not safe for a woman like you”, Zefyr told her offering his hand for her.

“Thank you, I am on a mission. I need to catch that Zaphlon. It’s my job, and I am not alone, I am with my friend but we got separated when the Zaphlon chased us until I got caught by this cage. Why is there something like this in here?”, asked Mom.

“Probably another guild?”, said Zefyr.

“What are you doing here alone sir? You don’t seem like an ordinary wizard, which guild are you from?”, asked Mom.

“Oh, I am not really alone, I am with my cousin and…” he cut-off mid-sentence turning around looking at the person who joined them.

“Why did you ran off like that huh?! It’s dangerous! The King will surely punish me if I don’t get you back soon!”, shouted Fostier to Zefyr.

“Oh don’t worry cousin, I can’t leave a damsel in distress like this can I? Besides, I still have until noon”, said Zefyr looking at his pocket watch. “Crap, its noon!, I have to go back to the Kingdom, sorry my lady, I’m afraid I have to leave you here. Don’t worry, you’ll be safe now, just follow that path and it will lead you to town, take care of yourself”, said Zefyr kissing mom’s hand and running away.

“Wait!”, Mom tried to stop him. “Thank you, I didn’t even get the chance to know your name”.

“This scene, its somewhat familiar”, I said.

I saw my Mom walking towards the path Zefyr had told her. I decided to follow her. She managed to get out of the Dark Forest. As I follow her, we ended entering a guild, and then she ran, she went straight to a group of people and hugged someone with a beautiful, long red hair. “Erza!”, she shouted.

“It can’t be!”, I gasped. I remember it now. This scene is the story I heard from my mother before I travelled with Rito! The story my mother told me how my Mom met my father in a forest. She must have misunderstood Zefyr as my father!

The scenery changed again and I witnessed every scene; how my Mom mistook Dad as Zefyr due to some rumours and pictures she saw. It was Dad’s picture she saw and based from the similarities Zefyr and Dad shared due to them being twins, Mom must have heard that his name was Zeref and believed it was my Dad who rescued her. The next scene was what my mother told me, about their mission on Extalia Kingdom, and how Dad protected Mom which was supposed to be the other way around. Then the next scene has shocked me.

“Zeref! Guess what!”, Zefyr happily exclaimed.

“What is it Zefyr? You look very happy today”, Dad said.

“You know what? I saw her!”, Zefyr told him.

“Who?”, Dad asked.

“The girl I told you about! The one I rescued from the Forest! I was planning on courting her!”, Zefyr said.

Dad made a shocked face, knowing that the girl Zefyr was talking about was Mom and that he was already courting her, he can’t tell his brother that. He also loves Mom. He must have felt the need of being selfish just this once. He didn’t tell Zefyr about their relationship, instead he said: “Oh that’s good to hear Zefyr”, Dad said. I can’t believe it! This means, Dad betrayed his brother. He did not tell him the truth.

“Do you think I have a chance?”, Zefyr asked.

“Why don’t you try?”, Dad encouraged him.

The scenery changed again.

“Zefyr what is wrong? You look down brother”, Dad told him noticing he’s frustrated over something.

“Brother, the girl I loved, Wendy, she said she already love someone! She even told me she is marrying him soon. She said she can’t be together with me! You are getting married soon too aren’t you Zeref? Don’t tell me! I loved her so much and she rejected me.  What’s worse is, she actually mistook me for being you! She called me by your name. Hugged me tight and then when she realized I wasn’t you, he let me go, why is that Brother? How does she know you?  Please don’t tell me that you betrayed my feelings Brother!”, Zefyr confronted Dad.

“I’m sorry Brother. Wendy and I love each other. I can’t tell you because you looked so happy. I am truly sorry”, Dad admitted.

“You traitor! I told you everything! You used it to lie and have her! You took everything away from me! You are the second! You were born after me! Even before we were born I excel and I am better than you! Why is it that everything goes the way you want! You took everything! The crown, our parent’s love, and now the girl I love!”, Zefyr shouted.

“Brother, calm down. I didn’t take anything from you. It’s true that you are better than me, I know that but….”, Dad explained, trying to calm Zefyr but he was cut mid-sentence.

“Silence! Curse you Zeref! From now on I cut all ties I have with you! You are not my Brother! You are my enemy! Curse you and the family you are going to have with her! I don’t need anyone! Hear me out Brother! One of this days, I will come back! I’ll make sure you pay for this! You will pay!”, Zefyr cursed Dad.

“Brother wait! Please!”, Dad tried to stop him but got ignored. Zefyr chanted a spell and disappeared from Dad’s sight. No one has heard news about him again.

The next scenery was about Mom and Dad’s marriage, their blessings from giving birth to me. The bonds they created with Edolas Kingdom and the arranged marriage they set for their children. I laughed at that scene, who knew I was arranged to be married at such a very young age? Then I saw Cerina, how I saved her and how we grew up together.

I witnessed my childhood. Now my memories are starting to return. Memories I longed to discover; powers I have that I can’t remember. I have all of them now.

The next scene I saw shocked me. It was horrible to be true. The Dark Lord, the one I encountered before, he was the man in the black cloak, and he was Zefyr. He has minions working for him. He’s back for revenge, revenge on the home he came from. He came to destroy Extalia, destroy my Father and everyone under him, this was his wrath.