Chapter 21: Sacred Vows Which Holds The Key

Hi evryone! Sorry for the long wait. Here's the next chapter of  Memoirs of a Fated Past! Don't forget to vote, comment and like okay! Lots of hugs!

~♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥ ~

________________________________________________________________________

“Princess, let me tell you how I got that necklace. It was two years ago”, Rito began.

Flashback (Third person POV)

“I want to give this to you”, Wendy said.

“Why are you giving this to me? Isn’t this Princess Juvia’s necklace?”, Rito asked.

“Yes, I took it for safekeeping. I would like to entrust this necklace to you. Whatever may happen, please keep it safe. Give it to Juvia when you think it is time. It holds all the needed information regarding her childhood here in Extalia.”, Wendy said holding both Rito’s hands. “You’re the only one I can trust. Protect her when you must. Help her when she needs you. I’ll entrust her future to you. I beg you, please”, Wendy pleaded.

“I would do so even without your words my Lady. You know I would always watch and protect her. Now that you asked me my obligation to her will be eternal. I pledge with my heart and soul to protect her, my Queen. As I do so, will you tell me the reason? What is it you are trying to protect her from and why do you go so far to asking and entrusting the necklace to me personally? Are you going somewhere where you can’t take her?”, Rito asked.

“I’m sorry for asking you to do this. I know that what I am asking you to do seems odd and I am sorry for involving you. I am also sorry but I can’t tell you anything. I can’t tell you why I am doing this; believe me, I’m doing this against my will and I don’t want to do this, not to Juvia, not to my daughter”, Wendy said crying.

“My Queen, I may know nothing of your plans, but I am sure to do what you asked me to do. I just hope Juvia will be alright with this.”, Rito said comfortingly.

“Thank you. Take care of her and yourself as well. I will be forever indebted to you”, Wendy said.

“Don’t mention it my Queen. Take care of yourself as well”, Rito said.

End of Flashback

 “Juvia, that necklace holds the memories you have with your Kingdom. It was given to me by your mother the night before the Dark Lord began his assault the next day. She told me to keep it safe, to make sure no one could get it. She told me to make sure I give it to you when you are ready. That necklace will help you when you face the Dark Lord. Your mother was an exceptional woman. A very interesting woman indeed. She made sure help will come for you when you need it in the future”, Rito then looked at me in the eyes very seriously yet pleadingly. “I promised the Queen to make sure you have that necklace. I promised her I would assist you with everything I have, to help you even if it cost me my life.  I gave her the most sacred vow I could ever give. Juvia, I beg you to do me a favour as I handed that necklace to you”

“What is it?”, I asked. My heart is pounding very fast.

“Whatever you remember, whatever you find out from handing that necklace, I want you to please understand what I did. Everything I tried to keep and did is all for you. Please.”, Rito begged.

“Oh no. Please don’t say that. You’ve done so much. I don’t know how to repay you Rito. You helped me in my journey. Though we still don’t have any clue to where Prince Gray is, you were there for me. I would never criticize you. I promise I would understand whatever it is I would discover from this.”, I assured him.

“I want to thank you Princess. What you will discover might shock you. You will be exposed to different surroundings from two years ago. It would be like travelling through time. You remember the time Lucy took us on a journey through Ryo’s past right?”, Rito said.

“Yes why?”, I asked.

“What you will experience is the same. Just like what Lucy did, that necklace has a body link time arc embedded to it. It was created by Master Natsu as what your mother has requested. You will be taken back two years ago and you have to endure all the pain and sorrow you will face. Tomorrow, we would be in Extalia. We just have to get past through the Lake of Luna. Could you wait that long?”, Rito explained.

“Tomorrow? Why can’t it be now?”, I asked.

“The body link time arc magic would only work when: 1. The necklace will be handed to you and be worn only by you. 2. When you reached Extalia and entered the sacred chamber as to where it was created; and 3. When you chanted the binding spell which would activate the magic inside the necklace you are wearing.”, Rito explained.

“Wait, what chant?”, I asked again.

“I would be the one to chant that. We just have to get to Extalia. Now that the Dark Lord knows you’re alive we should hurry. Your parents weren’t able to contact you the way they told you before we left Fairy Tail was the Dark Lord’s doing. I’ve known it for a while now. I didn’t know he would be this fast in finding you”, Rito said.

“Wait, you know about the Dark Lord? You knew he was looking for me?”, I asked again.

“Of course I knew him. He was the one who attacked your kingdom Juvia. I knew he was looking for you for he wanted to take your powers and kill you. You must be patient Princess. We must get to Extalia first, when we get there that necklace will do the rest. This things may confuse you but please trust me”, Rito said.

“Alright, I would wait. Promise me you will be beside me. Don’t ever leave my side.”, I said holding Rito’s hand.

“I would never leave you my Princess”, Rito said with such gentle eyes. Those words he said was the same words I remember hearing when I time-travelled. Words of the person I’ve grown with; words of Prince Gray.