Chapter 9: The Knight Who Hates Wizards

"Where are we?", Lucy asked Rito when we stopped at the next town.

"We're at Grandia Village, we'll start our search on this village. There might be someone who could help us here", Rito explained.

"Do you think they would help us?", I asked, this place looks like a run-down village. There seems to be no hope lleft on this town. We saw an old man walking by the streets, he collapsed. We run into him to check if he's ok.

"Are you alright sir?", RIto asked the old man. The old man's reaction was suddenly very warned. He squirmed over to Rito's touch and run away as far as he could.

"Wait! Please!", the old man was running and gives no sign of turning or looking back at us.

"We should follow him, let's go!", Rito ordered. We followed the old man to a house, this must be where he lives, it was very simple and we saw someone approaching us from the direction of the house. 

It was a very young man who looks like in his 20's, he was wearing an armor all over his body, his sword is on his right hand and was ready to swing at us when he reached us. Before he hit us with his sword, I was holding Lucy and I saw him aiming the sword at me, I gripped Lucy tight and closed my eyes. What is wrong with this guy anyway? When I opened my eyes I was shocked because the blade stopped an inch to my face. I saw who stopped it. Rito!

Rito stopped the blade with his own sword, sweat is building up on his face.

"Go now!", Rito shouted. I shoved Lucy away with me as we run away from them.

"Who are you and why did you attacked her?", Rito asked.

"You should leave this village immediately if you still want to live!", he shouted back. "You should never come back, wizards like you brings only misfortune!", he said, swinging his sword at Rito, luckily, Rito was good at sword-fighting too, he can repel his attacks so easily.

The man was looking at me and his eyes have such cold expression and I can see through it that he has an intent to kill me. He found an opening and was able to throw Rito's sword and run towards me again.

"I'm going to kill you!", he said.

"What? Why?!", I asked. I can't move from where I stand, what is this? My body is paralyzed. Suddenly, I felt a shake from the ground and then, plants are starting to cover the man's body and the rocks are locking both of his legs.

"What is this?", the man asked in confusion.

"You cannot touch them! Not on my watch!", Rito said, I peeked to see him, his eyes were awed with seriousness and a magic circle so big was under his body, this was his power. This is the first time I've seen it and I am deeply amazed for what he did.

"You! Let me go! You low-life creature! You're unfair! You use magic against your opponent who is weaker than you. You were just like them! You used us as pawns! I am a soldier and I have dignity and reputation I must redeem! Just because I can't use magic doesn't mean I'm vulnerable!", the man said while looking for his way out of Rito's grip. "That is why I hate wizard like you! You are all scum!", he said intently.

Why does he hate wizards? What happened to him? If he was a soldier, doesn't that suppose to mean that he fights together with the wizards? Those eyes of him, why is it full of hatred and anger?