Chapter 12 Surprise

Alex's POV
I walked into the room and set my stuff down already tired. Then I started to unpack my stuff.

"Need some help?" Tobin asked.
"Sure if you want to." I reply.

As we unpacked my stuff we got to know each other.

"So where are you from?" Tobin asked.
"Well I was born in Diamond Bar, California but then my dad got a job in Georgia so we moved there when I was 14. How about you?"
"I'm a jersey girl."
"That's cool. I've always wanted to go to New Jersey."
"Maybe I can bring you one day." Tobin says with a smile.
"I'd like that." I said as I smile back.

Kelley's POV
Without Alex or Hope here, I was bored like to the point where I go grocery shopping with my mom and even clean my room. I slept a lot to which was eh because I usually slept over at Alex's house or she would sleep at my house and we'd be up all night talking to each other.

Today I decided I would go to the soccer field. I grabbed my cleats and a ball and went out. As I was walking to the field I always go to I see a girl there practicing by herself. She defiantly has to be new because I've never seen her before.

"You have a nice touch on the ball." I said as I approach her.
"Thank you." the girl says. "I was just finishing up, you can have the field."
"Oh no it's fine. We could practice together." I said with a smile.
"Okay." The girl says.
"And I'm Kelley O'Hara by the way."
"Morgan Brian. Nice to meet you."

We both pass the ball back and forth and practice some shots and even play some 1 on 1.
After that we both sat down on the grass and talked.

"So where do you want to go to college?" I asked Morgan.
"University of Virginia. How about you?"
"I've heard that's a great college. And I just graduate from Stanford a couple months ago. Now I'm just waiting to get a call from the national team."
"The national team? Wow."
"Yea. One of my best friends just got called up."
"Are you serious? Thats amazing!" Morgan says.
"I know right!"
"Well I sure hope you get called up soon."
"Me to."
"I think I should get going before my mom gets worried about me." Morgan says.
"Okay. Well today was fun. Today was actually the highlight of my entire week. Maybe I'll see you around here again?"
"For sure. Have a good night Kelley."
"You to Morgan." I said as Morgan starts walking away.

Once she left I decided to take some shots for a while. After that I went back home. When I got home I took a quick shower then went downstairs to eat dinner with my family. Before I finished eating dinner the phone rang. Since everyone was to busy eating I had to answer it.

"Hello?"
"Kelley O'Hara right?"
"That's right."
"Well Kelley, this is Jill Ellis, head coach for the US women's national team. We would like to invite you to our training camp before the Olympic qualifying."
"Oh my gosh. Well first it's an absolute honor for you to be calling and yea I'd like to come up and train!" I said excitedly. Now I knew how Alex felt.
"Great. If you can, we would love to have you sometime next week in New York. Can't wait to meet you in person and see what skills you have as a soccer player. I'm looking forward to seeing you. Have a good night."
"Thank you coach Ellis. Hope you have a good night as well." I said as I hang up the phone.

When I hang up the phone I see my whole family looking at me.
"What?" I said laughing a little.
"Well who was that? I've never seen you so excited over a phone call." My brother says.
"It was Jill Ellis, head coach for he US women's national team."
"So does that mean you got called up?" My mom says excitedly.
"In going to New York!!" I said. Then my whole family got up and pulled me into a big group hug.