Part X

Mars climbed out if the ship, Leia was already waiting for them in the hangar. Poe walked behind Mars to greet the General, with the two droids following them.

"Dameron" Leia smiled "Thank you very much, I knew we could count on you"

"There's no need to thank me" he said "I need to go report with my officer, General"

Leia nodded and Poe rushed to the base. She stepped closer to Mars "How was the trip?"

"Fast" Mars chuckled "He's a dashing lad. Quite charming"

"That's our Dameron" Leia let out a small laugh. She noticed the small droid rolling behind Mars "I haven't seen him before, have I?"

Mars looked at BB-4 "He's new" She shrugged.

When they were inside the base, General Organa introduced her to a few officers and gave her some instructions. Leia' s expression turn worried while she was talking with a Lieutenant.

"I've got not happy, but fortunate news" she said to Mars nodded "Ships of the First Order landed in Hoth, probably an hour after you left. So we got you out of there just in time"

Mars sighed in relief, but her A-Wing was gone.

"Marceline" Leia said while they both sat in a desk that was in the control room "Before we assign you a charge, I want you to tell me your abilities"

"Well, I can fly ships, not every kind of ship, but I gave a quick look to the ones in the hangar, and I've got no trouble with them" Mars explained "Various fighting skills, from lightsaber techniques to different body to body, medical knowledge. Basically, what Mara taught me"

Leia knew what Mars referred to; her sister in law was a great warrior. "You should rest for today, and tomorrow I'll let you know when you're going to start trials. You know I gladly give you a charge right now, but I'm not allowed to"

Mars nodded "Don't worry, I completely understand"

"I really appreciate it, Marceline" Leia said softly "Someone will give you the number of your quarter"

Mars smiled "Thank you"

Mars had two options: she could ask for directions to get to her quarter or she could roam the huge base by herself, and most likely to get lost. She chose number two.

It went as planned. Mars now practically new the whole base but she still couldn't find her quarter. Sunlight shined through the windows, so she figured out that she had time left to find it. Marceline found herself standing in the Engineering hangar; she was amazed by all the different kinds of ships. There was an old, broken A-Wing in a corner.

"Yeap" Mars placed her hands in her hips "I can get you back on the game" She said to the ship as if it was alive.

Mars felt a hand in her shoulder, causing her to turn around with her fist in the air.

"Woah" Poe gasped, taking a step back.

Marceline blushed slightly "Sorry, I thought, well, my subconscious thought I was under some sort of danger"

"Don't worry, I should better had called you" Poe walked closer to the A-Wing "This one caught your eye?"

"Yeah, I used to have one of these" Mars looked at it with melancholy "I know that the X-Wings are much better in a few things, but A-Wings have their things. And this guy could use a second chance"

"I don't doubt that" Poe rubbed the back of his neck "Mars, I was wondering you wanted to go to the canteen. Maybe we could eat something"

"Sure, why not?" Mars shrugged.

They spent the next hours talking about each other. Poe introduced her a few pilots, Mars found them incredibly funny and great company.