Part XVI

Mars let out a loud sigh when she jumped out of her ship.

"Rough day, Willet?" Karé asked walking to her.

"You have no idea; I was so distracted I almost hit the wrong target" Mars replied while carrying BB-4 "It might be the lack of sleep, though. What about you?"

"It was surprisingly okay" she shrugged "And, sure lack of sleep..."

"What?" Mars chuckled and putting down her droid.

"You know what I'm talking about" Karé hit her playfully, but Mars still had a confused look "Oh come on, what do you have going on with Poe?"

"What are you talking about? There's nothing going on" Mars crossed her arms and told BB-4 to follow them inside the base.

"Okay, do you like him?" Karé stood in front of her to keep her from walking away.

"Has somebody ever told you how annoying you can turn in just seconds?" Mars snapped.

"Alright, alright" Karé laughed "You're free to got"

"Finally" Mars said as Karé stepped aside, with the small droid behind her.
-----------

The breeze was warm, and the sun shined gently. Mars looked around fascinated, the place was so familiar to her. Suddenly, she heard laughs and children running towards her direction. She recognized them, all of them; Mars knew exactly where she was. She smiled at the happy memories, not wanting the moment to be over. When she turned around, she saw a dark haired boy running around a tree.

"Ben" Mars muttered

Mars noticed a little girl playing with him, in just mere seconds she realized it was her. She tried to walk to them, when Mars felt the floor shacking, barely standing up, in the blink of an eye, the sun was replaced with the night sky. She saw two figures in the distance, as she walked closer, she realized who they were. It was the night Ben told her he loved her. Mars didn't know what to do, as beautiful as it may seem, it was painful to watch. She missed him every single day; he had slipped through her fingers right  and she never noticed. Mars turned around and closed her eyes wanting it to be over. But as soon as she opened them, she felt cold rain against her skin, and tried to run away, looking desperately for an exit from the memory that haunted her every single night. Mars fell down when she saw him full armored with the glowing saber in his hand. She covered her face with her hands in an attempt to protect herself from any harm.