Part II

---------
Years went by, and the force was strong with both of them, they were skilled and gracious. Mara Jade grew fond of her, at some point, she cared and loved her as her own daughter. She taught Mars everything she knew: mechanics, how to fly every kind of ship she had knowledge of, fighting techniques, and even some tricks and secrets of people who follow the Dark Side. In the other hand, Ben wasn't clumsy at all, he managed to get right every kind of fighting style and techniques Luke teached, he was skillful with the lightsaber, and controlled the force perfectly. Their friendship went stronger and stronger everyday; they were unstoppable together, every spare time they had, they spent it by each other's side. But, suddenly, Ben didn't saw her the same way again. He tried to convince himself it was just a brotherly feeling of care and protection, nothing else. Still, there was something that felt different, the way she looked at him, her smile, her lips! It was different but it felt so good, so right...

It wasn't any way different with her; every time he called her name her heart skipped a beat, her cheeks turned pink and his voice sounded heavenly. Maybe she was sick, or it was the fact they shared a friendship for so many years. She couldn't think of anyone else that wasn't Ben...

One day, after a long day of training, they were laying in the grass just looking at the great night sky, with the warm wind blowing in their direction. Ben turned to look at her; he could see how the stars mirrored in her eyes perfectly. It was the right atmosphere, he should tell her. He had to tell, he needed to know if Mars felt the same way towards him.

"Mars" Ben called softly, making her turn to him "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure" she replied. A weird feeling invaded her, a million thoughts crossed her mind.

He took a little to formulate the question "Do you have been feeling different towards me?"

"What do you mean?" Mars asked curiously.

He couldn't find any words. After a minute, Ben decided to speak up "What I mean is, I'm feeling attracted to you, in a romantic way. And I want to know if you feel the same way" his voice was quite shaky and almost robotic.

Mars cheeks turned to crimson and felt a knot in her throat. It was what she was dreaming to hear, but she was in shock. Ben's expression started to look worried. To the lack of words, Mars placed her lips softly in his. Different kind of emotions roam through their bodies, electricity running wild in their veins. Ben caressed her cheeks with his thumbs.

After what felt like an eternity, Mars breathed "I hope that was the answer you were looking for"

"Actually, it is" he smiled. Everything was peaceful, and it stayed as one of the happiest moments of their lives.

After that night, they felt that they belonged to someone, and they have found their place. Mars loved him more than anything, and Ben loved her more than life itself.