The Last Day of School

I saw people getting ripped to shreds by our own kind! People of all ages were running like crazy in all directions! We saw some people walking slowly and noticed that they look odd. One of them looked at us and started stumbling in our direction. We all moved back and ran towards the school parking lot. Everyone was driving incredibly fast and there were practically no more cars left! We all jumped out of the way as a Ford truck almost hit us. All we did was watch cars drive by quickly. I saw a familiar Honda Civic, "Hey Kyle, take me with you!" Tyler yelled out. "No way man!" Kyle left us and drove quickly on the main street. Then we saw this big Dodge Ram hit him full speed causing the Civic to literally fly off the ground and roll out of sight. Rachael, Jenny, and Sabrina all cried. Adam honestly looked like he was going to cry too. "Come on we have to go!" Tyler yelled at us. We all ran and hopped a couple of fences. "We can all travel through the sewers, I know where they lead," he said. Then Adam yelled out, "They're all zombies! It's the apocalypse!" That's when Tyler turned around and slapped him in the face, the girls and I gasped. As Adam got up I saw more of those sick people, "Guys they're following us!" We all had to climb one more fence, and we had to do it fast. Tyler climbed over first and then all of us. Rachael was the last one to climb. Jenny yelled, "Come on Rachael, they're right behind you!" One of the monsters grabbed her by the foot but luckily she managed to kick it in the face. She reached the top but when she jumped off her blouse got caught by some of the fencing wires. She was stuck, Sabrina ran and pulled her free but her shirt got torn off. We all ran quickly to the entrance of the sewers.

It was dark and dirty, we couldn't see anything. Rachael was hugging herself, all she had on now was a bra. I could tell she was very embarrassed. I felt bad so I unbuttoned my shirt and gave it to her to wear, she quickly accepted it and put it on. It's a good thing I had a tank top underneath. She whispered to me, "Thank you, thank you so much." Then she gave me a tight hug. "Oh, you're welcome," I said.

Come to think of it, I don't really know all that much about the girls. I know Adam very well and Tyler enough to get by.

Half of us were using our phones to project light, because the other half had dead phones. Jenny said, "Oh I have a mini flashlight in my back pocket." She pulled it out and turned it on, giving a small range of light. "Are you serious? That's your big flashlight?" Sabrina said in a rude tone. "I said a 'small' flashlight," Jenny snapped back. Then they started arguing with each other and eventually we were all just calling each other names except Rachael and I, we stayed quiet in the back.

We were still walking in the endless tunnel of despair. Sabrina asked, "Why don't we call the police?" in an upset voice. Then Tyler said that there's already a ton of cops on the streets and that no one will even pick up. After an hour of turns and complaining, we stopped. "Haven't you guys noticed that it's been quieter all of a sudden?" Tyler mentioned. I responded, "You're right, I haven't heard any noises up from the streets in a while." Strange things are happening. We've already discussed that all of our parents are working and more than likely dead. We were all very sad, I can't believe the way I treated my mom in the morning.

Adam brought up the idea of there being a zombie outbreak and that we should have a plan. Soon enough, we were all on his side. We all couldn't believe that this was happening. He talked about going somewhere for weapons and I instantly said, "Sports Authority." Everyone looked at me. "It's a building full of sports gear that can be used for protection and assault. It also has food that'll provide us a lot of energy; it's not too far from here, where ever 'here' is." Everyone agreed and Tyler said, "That's perfect, and we're actually only a couple of blocks away from it." He told us to keep going at that the next latter we see is the one we take. We also talked about boarding up the place, so no psychos rob or kill us.

We all saw the latter, Tyler said, "Ladies first." Then immediately Sabrina kicked him in the crotch and climbed up angry. Tyler was on the dirty ground holding his testicles as Jenny and Rachael climbed up. I smiled big in the underground darkness, but I helped him up. Tyler is known for being a big pervert, and all of us know it. I guess Sabrina finally gave him what he deserved. Adam climbed up and reached the top with the ladies. "Are you alright Tye?" I asked. He asked what he did wrong, we already knew but I just shrugged. Tyler climbed up and I stayed last. I just waited there a bit while I heard an argument, "You just wanted to look at my ass!" "No I didn't, I was just trying to be nice!" "Yeah right, you perv!" They went at it back and forth, then I heard Adam say to be quiet or the zombies would hear them.

I just looked to both sides of me, wondering how many miles we walked. It was actually kind of chilly down here, I liked it. Then I heard Jenny call me, "Hey John? Are you coming up or what?" I started climbing, "Yeah, I'm on my way up." I reached the top and saw the light again. We were literally right behind the building. I noticed that Sabrina pushed open the sewer lid with no help, I didn't know she was so strong. "Okay, we need to split up, 3 of us will go around and enter the building from the front entrance, and 3 of us will enter through the back," Tyler explained. Adam said that the door would more than likely be locked. We checked and surprisingly it was unlocked. Tyler smiled, "I guess we have a plan."