Goals and Points

"So what are the groups?" Tyler asked. Rachael slowly moved towards me and gave me a fake smile. Sabrina said, "I'm sure as hell not being in your group," and backed away. Adam said he'll hang with Tyler, then Tyler asked me, "What up Johnny? You want to join our team?" Before I can respond, Jenny spoke, "No, us girls can't stay alone, we need him." I was kind of shocked, but I guess that was true. Girls aren't very good at protecting themselves. Tyler got kind of mad and left around the corner with Adam. I didn't know if he was jealous of me or something.

I noticed that 3 pairs of pretty eyes were looking at me, my heart started beating quickly. I wondered why all 3 girls would choose to be a group with me out of Tyler, the strongest, and Adam, the smartest.

Jenny spoke, "So...you're like our temporary leader for now, what do we do?" I hesitated a bit, "Uh, well I'll go in first and check if it's safe, then I'll motion for you guys to follow when it's clear." They all nodded, I entered quietly and Jen held the door open just in case we need to run for our lives outside.

I looked around quietly, I was in some sort of room full of boxes. I didn't see anything strange so I retreated back to the girls, "Everything's clear." Then they followed me back into the large room of boxes. "I wonder what's in all these boxes," Jenny said. Sabrina started opening a box, "let's find out." She found a bunch of packaging peanuts and sighed, "I don't think there's anything in here." "Just come on," I said, "Tye and Adam are probably waiting for us." I lead the way to another door. I opened it and peered inside, it was quiet. We entered, it seemed to be a lounge for the employees or something. Sabrina saw the jug of water and cups instantly, "Thank God, water." She served herself a few cups of water, and so did Jenny and Rachael. I've gotta admit, I was pretty thirsty as well. I served a cup for myself and drank it fast. There was a sink too, so I washed my hands with soap.

I was always clean, I'd wash my hands a lot and shower accurately. I'd even brush my teeth after every meal at home.

I was going to signal them to follow me to the main room but I saw Jenny and Rachael looking at my torso. I totally forgot that I was only wearing a muscle shirt. I don't really like wearing tank tops, but the heat was killing me. I got kind of nervous, I saw their eyes look at my arms and chest.

I just spoke like I didn't know what they were doing, "Okay, let's go quietly to the main room and meet Tyler and Adam." They sort of instantly looked up at me and nodded. Sabrina was in the back of the room eating a bagel.

A moment later we were in the store, I sort of went ahead to look for the guys. I haven't seen anything strange since school, "Hello? Tye? Adam?" I whispered a bit loudly. I walked through a few aisles looking for them. I walked quickly towards the entrance and saw it locked. I thought maybe they were still outside, or they were killed by zombies. I looked out the big window quickly, but no one was there. I got kind of scared, "Where are you guys?" I said to myself. Then I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

I turned around quickly and saw that it was Tyler and Adam. "Holy shit, how'd you guys get in? The main doors are locked." They smiled and said that they locked it by taking the keys from a dead employee. I was impressed, "Wow, great job." "Thanks, there were only 2 zombies we found, but we killed them. It's actually pretty easy, just try to keep a distance from them. They walk very slow and are stupid," Tyler said heroically. "So where are the girls?" "Oh they're in the camping section of the store." We went and found them, everything was going to be fine.

A short while later we boarded the windows with cardboard so no one can see inside. Then us guys split up to search for some strong weapons while the girls gathered up food.

I went to the golf section to see if I can find some golf clubs, and I did. There weren't very many though, I guess I've been noticing that lots of things have been gone. Adults may have fought for resources here, but I guess they've never thought of a real plan.