Life at Home

I woke up from a nap I didn't expect. I yawned, exited my room, and walked through the hallway. Out of nowhere I felt a sharp pain in my feet, "Ow!" I jumped back and realized that I stepped on some LEGO pieces. I saw and yelled at my little brother, "Alex! Pick up your stupid toys and put them away!" That 10-year-old brat said, "No, you're not the boss of me!" "Yes I am, I'm your big brother!" Then he yelled out, "Daddy, Jonathan's hitting me! Help Daddy, help!" I was shocked from what he said. A short moment later, Dad came into the room, "What's going on?! Jonathan, why are you hitting your brother?!" "I'm not, I-" then I was interrupted, "You know what? Just get out of my sight, I don't want to see you." I left the room upset. He never listens to what I say, he always prefers Alex over me! I hate how they treat me here!

I went downstairs to the kitchen and ate a snack to cool down. I'm usually never angry, but it's impossible to be happy here. In fact, I don't think any of my friends have ever seen me angry. I ate some yogurt and drank some water, I like being healthy; I guess you could say I have a great body for someone who doesn't play any sports. Everyday I do a few push-ups and sit-ups to stay on the thin side. I'm not the strongest or the most attractive, but I'm okay.

I finished up my snack right as my dad came down. We talked about what happened upstairs but he still didn't believe me. As a punishment, he made me water all the plants in the back yard. I got upset again, but did what he said. I exited the house with my worn out Reebok shoes. It wasn't as hot as it was before, but it was still hot. I turned the valve and started watering the plants. We must have over 30 plants; I hate this job. Later, I finally finished watering. I was sweating so I blasted my head with water for refreshment. My hair sort of fell down in front of my eyes, I brushed it away. It only bothers my vision when it's wet, but after I move it away it stays like that until it dries. I turned off the hose and rolled it up.

I entered the house a moment later and checked in with Dad to let him know that I was done. He said, "ok you're excused," he also said to behave.

I checked the time on my phone, it was 6:39PM. Mom gets off work at 6:30 so she'll be here any minute. I just wandered to my room and started exercising. I was still upset, so I actually did way more push-ups and sit-ups than what I usually did. I just hope this isn't how I'm gonna spend my summer. A moment later my mom pulled up on the driveway in her black BMW. My parents may seem like they're rich, but all they do is save up their money to buy stuff. Most of the stuff that they purchase are just stupid vases for more plants or more clothes for themselves. I went downstairs to greet and kiss my mother on the cheek, "Hi Mom." "Hello sweety, how was school?" she said. Then again, I gave the "good" response.

An hour later dinner was ready and I was starving. I ate quickly but then my dad interrupted me, "Did you pray before you started eating?" I don't like to lie so I said, "Uh....no." Then he said, "Well you better, and pray out loud so we can hear you." I got a bit upset again, but I did what he said, "Dear God, please bless this food that we're about to eat.......and amen." I finished before everyone and showered. I take showers at night so I can wash the day's filth and sleep clean.

It was 10:48PM and I was dead tired. I said goodnight to my family and went under the covers. My window was slightly open, just as I like it. The days are hot, but the nights are breezy. I love the night and how the moon stands out with the stars. I live in a small city in California so it's not very cold here. I prefer cold weather than hot weather, so the sun is killing me here. Thankfully, the chilly night provides the perfect sleeping temperature for me. I yawned, closed my eyes, and drifted off into a deep sleep.