Our Last Break

I know that maybe we should've helped her...but it would've been too risky. The woman was too far away from us anyway... But that kills me.

The 2 adults in our group died in less than 5 minutes! That's just too crazy, the 7 of us have to survive! We need to keep an eye out for that helicopter, it's our only chance of survival.

My chest and feet hurt of running. Everyone was tired and thirsty, but none of us had water.

We walked through an alley and found a big crowbar on the ground. I picked it up because it could be useful. I then realized that I must seem kind of selfish keeping everything I find to myself. So I turned around and offered it to Jenny. She happily accepted it. Although it was a bit heavy for her she said that she could manage it.

"Oh crap, guys I have something," Adam all of a sudden spoke. He pulled out 3 little devices. "My grandpa...gave me these, they're like these GPS things." He gave me one, and gave Jenny one. "So if we all ever split up, we'll know where the three of us are." "Whoa, that's great." The screen was clear and had a bunch of blue and gray lines on it. "I've never seen this kind of technology before."

After admiring the little gadget we started walking again. We moved from building to building, street to street. All I saw was emptiness.

Hours flew by and we became hungry and cold. It got slightly warmer so that's good.

"So do you guys think that helicopter can save us?" Sabrina asked. "Of course it can...we just need some way of signaling it. Otherwise, it'll never see us." "Okay, so how the heck are we gonna signal a helicopter?" That's when Adam stepped into the conversation, "well actually, due to the countless number of videogames I've played, we can st-"

"-Sh!" Jenny interrupted. "What?" "I hear something." We all stopped and listened, a noise came from the distance...from behind a building. It was a rattling sound and some scraping.

"What is that?" We all whispered now. "Let's go check it out," I mentioned. You never know what It could be, maybe it won't always be a zombie.

"What? Are you crazy?" Sabrina quietly argued with me, but with a twisted tone. "Hey, don't call him crazy," Jenny defended me. I honestly thought that was sweet, but by the look on Sabrina's face I can assume that this wouldn't end well.

"What? You don't tell me what to do. I can call whoever the hell I want crazy, you crazy bitch."

Jenny was about to swing the crowbar at her face so I quickly grabbed it and pulled her away. "What? I'll kick your ass you stupid bitch!" Jenny became enraged. "Bring it then, bitch!" Sabrina snapped back. Ah, so much "B" words.

Jenny was quite strong but I managed to keep her in place with my arm around her stomach. Nancy sort of pulled Sabrina back as well.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, guys stop it! Sabrina, that was uncalled for!" I yelled to her. "Well tell your little girlfriend to stop being so overpr-"

"-Guys, look over there," Adam suddenly said. We followed his eyes to a figure that was standing in the area where we heard the noise. We stood quiet and just watched it.

It came closer to us, it was a man in a black hoodie but...I couldn't tell if he was alive or undead.

I slowly moved towards him with the crowbar in my hands. "Johnny don't," Jenny loudly whispered. I just raised my hand to her signaling to stay back.

I figured it would probably be a Walker so I began walking at a quick pace with the metallic weapon over my shoulder. Then it spoke, "Hey, stop. I'm not gonna hurt you."

I stopped, I was kind of surprised. "Who are you?" I asked. It was the only thing I could think of to say. He looked young, maybe in his early 20's.