Chapter 5: P.O.V. Sami

After we went back into the house, we found out that it was actually Jamie’s old house. So luckily the water still worked, so we cleaned her up, untangled her hair, and got her some ice and clothes. And by the time that we finished, she was beautiful. Her long blond hair was smooth and fell in golden sheets down her back. Her clear blue eyes were quick and intelligent, and she was tall and lean.

          “You look great Jamie. Guys close your traps and catch your drool. It’s disgusting.” Kyle and Tristan flushed, and Jamie giggled. I slung my arm around her.

          “So how old are you?” Jamie grinned.

          “14.” I hugged her.

          “Finally a girl my age.” I said, smiling.

Tristan turned around. “Ok guys, we gotta get going before nightfall.” And so began our boring walk. Kyle hung out with Tristan, and while they were chatting, Jamie and I hung out in the back chatting to each other.

          “So…” Jamie said.

          “So?” I said, turning to look at her. She had a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

          “If you don’t like Tristan, then that means that you like Kyle.” I stopped and looked at her.

          “Wh- what makes you think that?!?!?!” I said, looking at her. She smirked.

          “Your face is all red.” I looked away from her to see that Kyle had said it. “Oh look, it’s even redder now.” He said, laughing before turning his attention back to Tristan. I twisted my head to Jamie, who was snickering.

          “Oh shut up.” I said before grinning. She shrugged.

          “You two would be the perfect couple… he rushed out to save you… you turn red when he says something to you, or whenever he is mentioned. You like him.” I shook my head.

          “Noooooo way I like him. I don’t like anybody. I am an independent young lady.” And with that I snickered. “Sorry, I can’t believe I just called myself a ‘lady’.” Jamie smiled at me.

          “Neither can I. How much longer are we gonna walk?” I shrugged.

          “Depends on whatever Tristan says. But we better find a place to stop and rest…since we can only sleep during the day. HEY TRISTAN! I WANT TO TAKE A NAP!” I shouted, throwing a rock at his head. Jamie laughed next to me, and I smirked at him. He glared at me, and I looked into his molten gold eyes. They were swirling and spinning, trying to turn me into and Archangel, but I felt nothing.

          “SAMI!” Kyle covered Tristan’s eyes and he looked at me. “Are you insane? Do you want to become an Archangel?” He shouted, furious.

          “I can’t anyway so whatever!” I shouted back before storming off and into an abandoned house. I slammed the door closed behind me.  

          “Ugh, why did I say that? I shouldn’t have said that… if they find out…” I sat down and put my head in my hands. “They can’t find out… otherwise I’d have to leave…. I won’t leave… even if it means I can’t tell them.” I heard a door open and I lifted my head.

          Jamie was standing in the doorway looking at me with clear blue eyes. Wordlessly, she crossed the room and sat next to me on the couch. Silent for a couple minutes, she eventually said something, breaking the silence.

          “’Even if it means I can’t tell them?’” she said, looking at me. I looked up, terrified.

          “Please don’t tell them about that!” I said. She just laughed and held up her hand.

          “So you’ve got a secret just like the two brothers and me… it’s your secret, I won’t tell because it’s not mine.” She said, and smiled at me kindly. I exhaled in relief.

          “Thank you Jamie.” I said, and I hugged her.

          If they found out that I had been a Guardian Angel that fell in love with Archangel… that would be bad. I’d already died once… and I only had a couple days left before I died again once my punishment was complete.