Chapter 7: P.O.V. Kyle

As Tristan pulled me off to the side, I saw tears streaming down his face.

          “Tristan…” I hugged him.

          “Eww! What on earth do you think you are doing?!?!? Get off of me!” Tristan hit my arms and I backed away, wide eyed. Tristan’s golden eyes were hard, but then they melted, and he quickly looked away before I turned. “Look at what is happening to me Kyle… I’m turning into a monster… promise me something Kyle…” He looked up at me with broken eyes before quickly looking away.

          “What is it?” I asked him.

          “Promise you will kill me as soon as I turn into a monster Kyle.” I backed away from him quickly.

          “What? Tristan…”

          “PROMISE ME KYLE!” He shouted, and then dropped to his knees with tears dripping down his face. “Promise me…” I looked down at my broken brother.

          “I… I promise you Tristan… I… promise.” I said, a tear slipping down my face. “I will try… for you Tristan… for the Tristan I used to know.” I took one last look at him before turning to leave. I walked out and the sun was close to the horizon. Sami was looking at me worriedly. I looked down at her. She looked into my eyes, studying me with her brown gold eyes. She walked over and hugged me.

          The first emotion I felt was surprise. This was so un-Sami like… I must really look terrible… The second emotion I felt was happiness… Sami was hugging me… a pretty girl was hugging me…

          I guess that I have never been honest with myself… I really like Sami… she was just so… amazing… I couldn’t help but like her…

          But she would never like me back… so I push it down… but maybe… maybe at one point she could like me…

          Tristan walked out of the house, his eyes hard, and he looked fine. He walked towards us and stopped.

          “Let’s go guys, we gotta find shelter to hide in before nightfall.” He started walking towards the castle, and we kept on walking for about half an hour, and then we decided to try to find shelter.

          We eventually hid, and we stayed hidden for once. We were able to find good hiding spots and when an Angel came in, they luckily didn’t find us. We came out in the morning and we started to walk towards the castle. Then a figure ran out onto the streets.

It was a girl.

          We checked her eyes, chocolate brown… not an Angel. She ran towards us, holding her arm.

          “Can you guys help me? An Angel attacked me.” Jamie looked up at her and strode forward pulling bandages out of her purse.

          “I’ve been in your shoes. Know what the Angel’s name was?” Jamie asked, walking forward, starting to clean the girls arm with a sterile wipe.

          “Yes… James.” Jamie froze, and she pushed the wipe onto the wound, causing the girl to cry out. Jamie looked up, startled.

          “Sorry… it’s just that that’s the Angel who attacked me.” Jamie said quietly, wrapping the girl’s arm. The girl fell silent.

          “My name is Kara… and if you are saying that James attacked you… you must be Jamie.” Kara said. Jamie felt still.

          “He mentioned me?”

          “Ya, he couldn’t find you, he was worried that Raphiel was going to find you, so he was looking all over for you. He asked me, and I didn’t know, so he attacked me and flew off. I think he really likes you.” Kara winked and grinned. I walked up to them

          “Hey Kara, my names Kyle and this is Sami.” I said, without even turning around. I had gotten used to Sami sneaking behind me and trying to get me to give her a piggyback ride. She cursed and came up next to me. I smirked at her and she stuck out her tongue. Kara grinned.

          “Are you two like a thing?” She asked. I blushed and looked over at Sami, who was also blushing.

          “What? NO! We are not a... a thing!”Kara raised her eyebrow. “We are not…” Sami’s voice trailed off. Kara smiled and patted Sami’s shoulder with her unhurt arm. I rolled my eyes.

          “How old are you?” Sami asked Kara, trying to change the topic.

          “I’m 15.” Kara said, smiling.

          “Oh, so you are Tristan’s age. Where is he anyway?” I asked. I walked off to find him and eventually found him sitting on the curb. “Tristan, what’s wrong?”He looked up at me.

          “I just don’t want to accidentally be mean to her… I don’t want to be mean to any one…” I sighed.

          “Tristan, I know you, no matter what you are turning into, I know that you will try to not be mean, and you should just believe in yourself that you won’t be mean.” Tristan looked down.

          “You think I can do that?” I nodded.

          “I know you can. Wow, that sounded so cliché it makes me feel like I want to take back my own words and through them in a ditch.” Tristan smiled.

          “I’ll go talk to her.” He got up and I followed him. Then he stopped as soon as he saw her.

          “What’s wrong Tris?”

          “You didn’t tell me she was cute!” I laughed.

          “I didn’t think you would notice.” I said, winking at him.

          “Shut up.” Tristan said, before walking over to the girl.

          “Hello, my name is Tristan.” Kara looked at him.

          “Let me guess, you are turning into an Angel?” Kara said belatedly. Tristan frowned.

          “Did you have to mention that? That seems like that is the first thing that everybody I meet says to me.” Tristan throws up his hands and walks away. Kara turns to me.

          “Is he always like that?” I smirk.

          “Always.”