Chapter 13: "It's not Illegal to Ask"

Niall’s POV:

I paced nervously across the room, my right hand covering my mouth. Once I reached the mirror on one side I turned around to walk to the painting on the other. This had been going on for about five minutes now as the boys carefully watched my every move, waiting to see what I would do next. They were all sitting on the couch that I had been pacing in front of. It was rather small, so they didn’t seem too comfortable. And I had invited Sarah, so in essence four people were sitting on a two-person couch. I finally stopped pacing, my eyes slowly landing on Louis, who was sitting there silently, fidgeting with his hands. His eyes looked full of guilt. To be completely honest, he looked absolutely miserable. I felt bad for him, I really did. He was a good guy and didn’t deserve to be in this situation. I knew he regretted what he had done, but there was no going back now.

My eyes then landed on Liam and Zayn, who’s faces were priceless, to say the least. They had been out of the loop for the past day or so and I figured it would just be better to leave them out of the Harry-Nicole drama until now. I had just filled them in on everything that had happened in the last few days about ten minutes ago and watched as they slowly processed the situation. They were pissed for not being let in on it sooner, but they’d get over it. I didn’t really care about that right now.

Lastly, my eyes landed on Sarah. The boys were confused why she was there, but I had told them that she would be crucial in this. She was Nicole’s best friend, so we had people that were close with both Harry and Nicole brainstorming how to deal with this mess. To be honest, we could have easily done it without her, but I needed an excuse to spend more time with her. I don’t know what it was about her, but I loved spending time with her. I mean, I had only hung out with her once, but I was definitely interested in seeing her again. I had laughed so much with her yesterday and was a hundred percent being myself, something I don’t do very often with people I just meet. It was nice.

“So… we need to do figure something out, now. Sienna’s blackmailing Louis and threatening to show Harry the…erm picture.” I finally said and scanned the faces in front of me. Louis looked more crushed than ever.

“What you all need to realize is that Sienna’s a manipulative little bitch. Louis’s not the only one involved in this. It’s all of us. She’ll figure out a way to blame all of us for this. I mean, we already know about it and we’re not telling Harry. That’s one thing she can hold over us already.”

Liam and Zayn slowly started warming up to the idea of helping and weren’t as cold anymore. Eventually Liam sighed softly, leaning forward.

“If Sienna’s threatening one of us then she’s in for it from all of us. What are we going to do?” He asked softly, peering over at Louis and giving him an encouraging look.

“Well we’re not breaking up Harry and Nicole, that’s for sure.” Louis finally spoke and all eyes were drawn to him. I nodded slowly, sitting down on the coffee table in front of them.

“So what are our options? We’re kind of in a shitty situation here.” Zayn mumbled, biting his bottom lip.

"Sienna doesn't need us to break them up." Sarah finally spoke.

"What do you mean?" I asked as everyone looked to her.

"She has the evidence and everything. She can do it herself. And that's what she's going to do. It's a game; management is basically her bitch because they put her and Harry together. With management on her side, she has a frick ton of power that we don't. Which means she can manipulate us to try to stop something which is probably already happening anyways," she said grimly.

All of us kind of looked at each other, slowly realizing how powerless we all were. Management was great and all, I mean we wouldn’t be where we were without them, but sometimes I hated them all. They were great at making our lives miserable just so the public saw us as the perfect boy band we were supposed to be. Too bad we weren't perfect.