Chapter 8: Partners in Crime

Chapter 8:

Nicole’s POV

I ruffled through my bag, throwing tshirts and jeans left and right. Sarah ran around trying to catch them and I groaned, falling on top of my suitcase, frustrated.

“I don’t have anything to wear.” I moaned, my palms on my face. I hadn’t planned on making any pit stops at A-List parties while I was here, so I wasn’t exactly prepared. Sarah stood there, holding the mountain of clothing and gently placed it down next to me.

“You just got released from the hospital after passing out and this is what you’re worried about? Dang, you recover quick.” She said and sat down across from me on the bed. “That cami is cute.” She suggested, pointing to a light pink cami that was on top of the mountain. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, to go to the beach. This is an A-List Party, Sarah. We’ve got to look amazing. “ I replied, irritated. I loved Sarah to death, but sometimes she was a little oblivious. She crossed her hands, popping an eyebrow.

“Ok, fine. So how do you describe looking amazing?” She asked and I immediately replied

“Wearing something Sienna Swanson would wear.” We were silent for a few moments, glancing around the room before I figured it out. A smile crept across my lips as I looked back up at Sarah,

“Like wearing something Sienna Swanson would wear.” I repeated, grinning.

“Wait…wha- …Oh no.” Sarah replied, obviously getting what I was hinting at.

“Nicole, what if she’s there. Besides, how do you expect us to steal her clothes without her noticing?” Sarah asked, leaning forward. I smirked, standing up and brushing myself off.

“We’re not stealing, Sarah. We’re borrowing.”

---------------------------------

 I fumbled for my master key card, the one that unlocked every room in the hotel. One of the perks of pretending to be a maid I guess. After looking both ways to make sure nobody was in sight, Sarah and I slipped into Sienna’s room, slowly closing the door behind us.

“See, that wasn’t so hard.” I said with a smile as I casually made my way to her room. Sienna was out getting a mani/pedi/massage, meaning we had a couple of hours before she would come back. I reached the doorway and turned back to look at Sarah, who was still standing near the front door.

“Nicole are you sure?” She asked, hesitantly. I smiled softly, “Sarah, it’s summer. We’re in New York. Let’s live a little.” She sighed softly before nodding and coming up behind me. I opened the door to Sienna’s room, shocked at how spotless it was. It didn’t even look like the room was occupied.

“Somebody’s a neat freak.” Sarah mumbled and I nodded, cautiously approaching the closet. I looked over my shoulder at Sarah.

“Ready for this?” I asked. She was silent for a few moments before crossing her arms,

“Does it look like I have a choice?” She asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and opened the closet, my mouth dropping. Sienna was an absolute neat freak. Everything was color-coded and the closet she traveled with had more clothes than my closet at home. I was speechless, and apparently so was Sarah.

“Holy crap.” She mumbled. I was starting to have second thought about whether this was such a great idea, but at that moment I spotted it: the dress. It was a black lace mini dress with a sweetheart neckline.  It was absolutely perfect. “Nicole...” Sarah warned but it was too late. I was already taking the dress off of the hanger.

“I’ve got to try it on.” I squealed.

“Nicole… maybe this isn’t such a great idea.”

“Sarah, relax.” I was already unzipping my jeans and wiggling myself out of them. I slipped my t-shirt off and stepped into the dress, slowly sliding it up. Surprisingly, it was my size, maybe a tad small. I had always thought Sienna was a lot smaller than I was. Apparently not. I zipped it up, turning to face Sarah

. “How do I look?” I asked.  Sarah’s face looked surprised. I quickly turned to the mirror, thinking I looked awful or something.

“After seeing you in that, I lied. Hell, take it. It looks amazing.” Sarah said. The moment I laid eyes on the mirror I couldn’t help but squeal. This is perfect. The sweetheart neckline dipped ever so slightly, showing a bit of skin. It hugged my curves perfectly, which was impossible to find. I felt bad taking it, but Sienna wouldn’t mind, right? I mean, look at all of the other clothes she had. She wouldn’t be missing this. I slowly walked over to the emerald green section, sliding an emerald green dress off of the rack. The color would look amazing on Sarah.

“And this ones for you. Let’s find shoes.” I mumbled as I walked over to Sienna’s shoe closet. I found a pair of black pumps for me and similar black pumps for Sarah. Just as I was about to try the pumps on, I heard the front door open.

“No! This is not ok. Justin Bieber can not bring Sel. All of the media attention will be on them. Tonight is all about me. And Harry I guess.” Sienna Swanson ranted into her phone. I stopped in my tracks, a panicked look overcoming my face. Sarah seemed as if she had just seen a ghost.

“Fix it. Listen, I can’t talk. I have to get dressed… yeah. Uh, huh. This is your job, not mine. I'm the one who hired you. You get paid for this...yeah. Ok, bye.” Oh crap. Sienna was coming in here.  

“Under the bed!” Sarah whispered and we made a dash under the bed. I was wearing the mini dress and had Sarah’s dress in my hand. Sienna walked into her room, just as I made it under the bed. She dropped her Louis Vuitton bag on the purple duvet and walked over to her closet, opening it. We heard her humming as she moved around in the closet, my heart beating unusually fast.

“Where is it?” I heard her whisper to herself as she made her way around the closet. After about five minutes a very angry Sienna stormed out, picking her phone up again. “Lindsey, where is my black custom made Miu Miu mini? I was saving it for tonight!” Sienna screamed into her phone. I could feel my heart beating and Sarah’s glare digging into me. I had the best luck. I was laying under the bed in a dress that was probably worth more than my house.

“You are going to fix this mix up and find me that black dress.  By the time I’m done with my shower I expect it to be on my bed, waiting to be worn, ok? Ok. You have half an hour.” Sienna snapped into her phone before walking into the bathroom. We heard the water turn on and when we were sure she was in the shower, we made a run for the door.

“Why do I ever listen to you.” Sarah snapped the moment the front door closed behind us and we were standing in the lobby. I shrugged, offering her the green dress.

“At least we got nice outfits out of it.  Sienna doesn’t need another designer dress. She’ll be ok.” I rolled my eyes as we turned the corner of the hallway. Sarah looked down at the dress skeptically, quiet for a few moments before shrugging.

“You’re right. I guess as annoying preteens say it, YOLO.”