chapter 1- Kuekuatsu

"Tell me the story of Kuekuetsu again mom..." Lyra Silverfox said with a smile. Her and her mother lived in a nice mountain house, and they were sitting in their lounge that faced the mountain, enjoying the end to another long day of school and work. Lyra's mom; Kayla Silverfox ; worked as a teacher at Lakewood High, where Lyra went to school.

"Okay... But i have only told you it everyday since the day you were born..." Kayla answered with a laugh. then she sighed and let Lyra snuggle in and get comfy. "Why is the moon so lonely?"

Although Lyra knew the answer very clearly, she asked, "Why?", and giggled.

"Because she used to have a lover..." she paused. " His name was Kuekuetzu. The moon and Kuekuetzu loved each other very much. This made another spirit jealous. He wanted the moon for himself. So the trickster told Kuekuetzu that the moon wanted flowers. And that the only place to get the most beautiful flowers was on earth. So, Kuekuetzu went and got the flowers.. But, what he didn't know was that once a spirit left the spirit world... he could never go back... Some days, you can still hear him howling at the moon. For he can see her, But.... he can never touch her again..." Kayla finished.

"What does Kuekuetzu mean mom?", Lyra asked. She had always wondered, but had never thought to ask.

"It means the Wolverine..." Kayla answered with a tear.