The X-Men

"I wonder if it's safe to go home yet....." Lyra thought out loud. it had been three days since she had been home,and she was living in the forest that was behind her house. She BADLY needed a shower and a change of clothes. Just then, a bush rustled behind her, breaking her out of her thoughts. "Hello??" she called shakily. No answer. "HELLO???" She yelled, ready to fight.

"I'ts okay.. I'm not here to hurt you." A voice said. But the voice was not spoke out loud, it was spoke inside her head.

"Who are you?!?! Where are you?!?!" Lyra said, surprised by the voice in her head.

"My name is Charles Xavier." The man said as he emerged from the bush in a wheelchair. "Are you Lyra Silverfox?" Xavier asked with a smiles.

"That depends..." Lyra said as she relaxed a little. "Do you work for a man named Victor Creed, A.K.A....."She started to say Sabertooth,b ut was cut off.

"Sabertooth? No." Professor Xavier said. "I am a friend. I will not hurt you. And neither will any of my friends." He said as five more people emerged from the bush. "Lyra, I would like you to meet my friends Kitty Pryde, Scott Summers, Jean Grey, Kurt Wagner, and Logan." He said as they all emerged one by one. "We're here to help you."

"I...I don't know...." she stuttered. "I'm kinda skeptical about who I should trust...." she sighed.

"Wait a minute.." The man named Logan said, " Did you say Victor Creed?" he asked gruffly. Lyra nodded in confirmation.

"He killed my mother, and he said something about my father...." Lyra said, a tear falling as she remembered.

"Who was your mother??" Logan asked intently.

"Kayla Silverfox..." Lyra answered slowly.

"Did he say who your father is?" Logan asked, tear in his eye.

"No, all he said was that I looked like him, and that he wanted to see if I had his fighting skills as well. But I showed him!" she explained. Professor X then looked at Logan, like they both knew something she didn't.

"Would you like to come with us to the institute? We wold love to help you in your time of need." the Professor asked her. "It's up to you."

Lyra smiled. "Yes. i would love that very much." she said. She felt like she could trust these people,and that her mother would have as well.

Comment. Vote. Share

-Jojo :-)