A Positive Result

"She's been asleep for an awfully long time... Should I go and get Beast,Logan?" a young male voice said.

"Yes Scott. Go and get Beast. I have to ask him something important." Logan said

"How long have I been asleep?" Lyra thought to herself. "Did I pass out after Logan told me....." She stopped there. "No! I won't think about that...." she could hear everything around her clearly, like she was awake... But, she could not open her eyes and wake up.

"Scott said that you wanted to see me Logan?" the voice that Lyra assumed to be Beast's was low and gravelly.

"Yes Beast. i need you to run a blood test." Logan said quietly.

"But Logan, should the bone claws not be evidence enough?" Beast asked.

Logan sighed. "Yes, but for all I know, Stryker could have had some of my DNA left. They could have used it on her, and replaced Kayla with a clone for all I know..."

"Alright. I'll do the test..." Beast finally said. he knew he could not say no to Logan.

"Thank you Beast. This means the world to me. If the test comes back positive, then that means I have more family than Victor." Logan finished explaining.

"Logan. Look!" Beast said as he pointed to Lyra.

"Lyra! You're awake! Did.. you hear any of that?" he asked softly

"Yes Logan. I did. I heard it all." she sighed. "I'll be happy too if it comes back positive because then I know I do have some family left." she smiled at Logan and then she started to sob. " I grew up thinking I had no father, and I was terribly devastated when my mom was killed. i thought I had no family left... that I was alone to fight Victor myself,and run from him forever.... " she stopped and took two big breaths in. " But.. He can't get me here now. Can he?" she looked at Logan with her mother's big, orphan blue eyes.

"No Lyra. He can't. i'll make sure of that." Logan said. "Did anyone tell you that you have your mother's big, beautiful orphan blue eyes?" he asked, a smiles forming.

"No...." she said, a smile forming as well. " Just that I look like you."

"Test results are back, and are positive.." Beast came in saying. "Congratulations. It's a girl" he laughed.

"YES!" she yelled and sighed happily, giving Logan a big hug and sobbing into his shoulder. Everything was going to be okay. She had a father. She wasn't alone anymore.