The School For Gifted Youngsters

When they reached the institute, Lyra instantly felt at home for some reason. the place was called "Professor Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters". "Does he know?? No.. He couldn't.. I didn't tell him..." Lyra thought to herself as they drove up the drive.

"Professor? Why is this place called, 'Professor Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters'"? she asked curiously.

"I'm glad you asked that Lyra. The reason this place is named that is because everyone here has a special gift of their own. A gift that, some people would not understand." he said.

"Mutants?"Lyra guessed.

"Yes. Take Kitty for example. She can phase though things. Jean has telekinetic powers, Scott has powerful lasers in his eyes that can only be held back by his special sunglasses. Kurt can teleport and is covered in blue fur...." Professor X said.

"Blue fur??"Lyra asked surprisingly, cutting the Professor off.

"Yes,and Logan has metal claws that protrude form his hands in the same place that yours are bone; and has an Adamantium skeleton." the Professor finished.

'Guess he does know....' Lyra thought to herself. "Adamantium? But that's the strongest metal in the world isn't it?" she said smartly.

"Yeah......" Logan answered with gritted teeth. It was clear that he did not like the way this conversation had went. But Lyra didn't notice. "I was a government experiment called..." He started

"Weapon X?!?!" Lyra cut him off. "But.. I thought that project was abandoned 16 years ago..." she faded off.

"Yes. It was.. I was the last one. Other than Wade....." he sighed. "But how did you know that kid?" Logan asked curiously.

"Something drew me to the topic when I was doing a report on how government experiments are a bad thing, and well... there you go." she explained. "Hey.. Doesn't the "X" stand for the roman numeral 10?" she asked curtly.

"Yeah..." Logan answered, fists clenched at his sides in anger.

"I think we should show you to your room."Professor X said, trying to get off the topic before Logan snapped. "Logan, will you please?" he asked.

"Fine...." he said, relaxing a little bit."C'mon kid." he said gruffly. After that, Lyra made sure to be careful of what she said around Logan, and made sure not to talk about that anymore.

Comment. Vote. Share

-Jojo :-)