10 - "Well, That Was Awkward"

I am so so so so sorry! My school is killing me! (Not literally just mentally) I really just didn't have time to update yesterday and I'm really sorry for that. But here is chapter 10:
••••••••
WARNING: a little cursing.
••••••••
Max' POV:
Those Assholes! They are never there for her, or anyone, when we really need them.
I just, uh..! They really get on my nerves when they can't put family as first priority.

I left the second basement, and went into the other one.
Yes, we have two basements. The first one is right below the mansion. But the second basement is another floor below. To get to that one, you have to go through a secret passage behind the bookshelf. Behind the bookshelf is a long hall. At the end of the hall is a staircase that leads to the second basement.

We call the second basement, the supernatural basement.
In our supernatural basement we have a chain room if new betas. The examination room. Our offices. Our database. And a lot of other stuff...

I finally got upstairs to the hallway. While the McCall pack was asleep earlier, we took down the security walls.

I went into the luxury kitchen to look for Kayla. She still wasn't there. I went into the living room, only to find her, crawled up in a bawl, in one side of the couch.

"Hi," I said as I sat down next to her and putting my arm around her, "How are you felling?" I asked to let her open up to me.

"I-I..." she trailed of. "Honestly, I don't really know what just happened,"

"May I suggest what it might could be?" I asked, 'cause I had a little idea to what this could be...

She nodded her head for me to continue.

"Well, this is your first mission. Most newbies get really anxious when it's there first mission," I said.

"I don't know. It feels like it's something more,"

"That, or maybe you've got some feelings for the beta," I said, a smirk making its way across my face.

Someone was clearing their throat from behind, which coursed me and Kayla to turn around.

"Well, either way, I don't think it's the best time right now. So can you, please, just tell me where the rest of this betas pack is, so I can get him off of my shoulders," Felix said, standing there with Liam over his shoulder.

"Yeah, I-I'll help you," Kayla stuttered, getting up off the couch.

'Well, that was awkward' I thought to myself.
Beacon Hills is gonna be a really weird mission...
••••••••
To be continued...
••••••••
That was chapter 10. And again, I'm so sorry for posting this late, and I'm sorry for the chapter being so short. Better things will come soon...
QOTD: what do you think the mission is about?