Two days

Two days. Two days until my date with Jesse. Two days until our lives would change forever. I could barely wait. Everyday I would scribble the excitement into my journal. I still had one issue, what was I going to do about school? I pondered thoroughly.  I came to the conclusion that I would simply tell no one. The first day of school, it's not like anyone would notice anyways, right?

I ran my plan past Emily (her being the only one I could trust), she gave me the look of approval despite me ruining my perfect attendance streak since the sixth grade for a boy, but it didn't matter. It was Jesse McCartney. I would be crazy not to take this chance.  As we sat on her bed talking about the date, a stroke of anxiety hit me. Though I had my escape plan, and outfit plan, I had no idea what we were doing on the date. Or even if it was still happening. Jesse hadn't confirmed anything since we originally spoke of it. What if he can't even make it, or even worse, doesn't want to?!

My anxiety was calmed with a text I received later that day. It was from Jesse. He confirmed everything. He told me he had 'a special surprise' for the date. I couldn't be more excited. It was a sign, he was absolute perfection.