Hello & Goodbye

Chapter 9: Hello & Goodbye

The door swung open slowly, I saw shaggy blonde haired head that peered around to door. He saw me and walked closely to me with a big grin. My heart started beating faster and faster I couldn't believe it he held me close with those strong arms. I could hear Emily hyperventilating behind me. I pulled away from Jesse to introduce them to each other. I don't think I had ever seen anyone as happy as Emily.

"I thought I would never see you again!" Jesse said cheerfully

"Well, here I am" I said with embarrassment. We talked for the next few minutes after. "So how's Katie?" I asked. "Well, we actually broke up last night." Jesse heartbrokenly replied. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't help to be happy about it, but at the same time I felt for him. He looked so sad and I just couldn't bare to see him that way. I tried to cheer him up. "What happened?" I asked uncertainly. "Well, I actually broke up with her" "oh, um ok?" I wasn't sure what to do he acted as if she had broken his little heart. Not saying that he didn't have every right to be upset about it, but I don't know. I just didn't know what to do.

It was almost time for us to leave. Jesse had to get on yet another plane to travel to the next city to preform. We tried to wrap it up quickly. "Wait, Caitlin this might seem a little weird considering how I met you on the plane, but could I- could I get your number?" Jesse asked. I blushed uncontrollably and put my phone number into his phone. We said our goodbyes and at that point it was time to get going.