As Saturday Rolled Around

Chapter 6: as Saturday rolled around

10:15 am I woke up to a bright sun. As I shielded my eyes I began to remember that it was the day. The day I would be seeing Jesse McCartney whom I was completely in love with, secretly. The concert wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that Emily was counting on me to get us to meet Jesse. I'm sure she would understand how I felt but I just didn't have the heart to stop her dreams from happening.

5:00 pm came around and I began to get ready for the concert. Emily was coming at 6:00 to pick me up. I remember Jesse telling me how much of a Yankees fan he was, so I tucked a small Yankees bracelet I got from my brother into my purse. He would find much more use for it than I ever did. I heard a honk and ran out the door, I could see Emily through the window her face was lit up like a lightbulb. "Did you talk to Jesse?!" Emily gleamed "what? Why would I talk to him?" I answered "well because we're gonna meet him!" "How would I talk to him?" "Didn't you get his number?" "No" I said disappointed. "Well then how are we gonna meet him?" Emily went on "I don't know, well figure it out" I replied. As we headed to the area for the concert, I began to get butterflies I was so nervous to see Jesse again. I kept thinking 'what if he doesn't remember me, and I make a complete fool out of myself' I was only making myself more nervous.